Staying on trace

Ipopsheep

Center manager announced today that he will start holding drivers accountable for not following trace. He even posted a list showing each drivers trace percentage. Yet when I get my route, I am seeing savers and business scheduled to be delivered after 5 pm., Impossible time tables to get NDA off after doing 30 stops before the scheduled NDA time, and going from one side of the city to the other side of the city back to the orginal side of the city four times, sometimes I pass the same spot 6 times. If I drop my trace percentage then I am under 9.5 but if I follow trace then air and savers and business are screwed. Esp when you do nothing but residentials for the first part of the day then have business after they close.

Long story shortened. Can they hold us accountable for trace. I already know they can hold us accountable for businesses, NDA and savers missed. Is there something in the new contract that says we will get warning letters for not following supervisor as directed?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
They want their cake and eat it too.
But it can’t be both ways
Orion is flawed and yet they want us to follow it when following it goes against our better judgment. If we go with the methods and use our better judgment to make service we are out of their compliance metric they have set.
Sounds like over supervision to me.
Grieve it!!!

Indecisi0n

Center manager announced today that he will start holding drivers accountable for not following trace. He even posted a list showing each drivers trace percentage. Yet when I get my route, I am seeing savers and business scheduled to be delivered after 5 pm., Impossible time tables to get NDA off after doing 30 stops before the scheduled NDA time, and going from one side of the city to the other side of the city back to the orginal side of the city four times, sometimes I pass the same spot 6 times. If I drop my trace percentage then I am under 9.5 but if I follow trace then air and savers and business are screwed. Esp when you do nothing but residentials for the first part of the day then have business after they close.

Long story shortened. Can they hold us accountable for trace. I already know they can hold us accountable for businesses, NDA and savers missed. Is there something in the new contract that says we will get warning letters for not following supervisor as directed?
Yes. Follow it end of story .

bumped

Follow trace until you know your going to have late air. Then, break for the air. Follow trace again until you know you will have late business, and then follow trace again. Make sure you take your lunch and breaks in between the 3rd and 6th hour. Follow trace again. They can't bust your chops and you'll end up with less stops if you put in a 9/5

bumped

Personally, I deliver my air straight through. Then pick up trace, and if I have any business savers I break off trace between 2:00 and 3:00. I pick up trace again and break off between 4:00 and 5:00 for any business. Pick up trace where I left off. I don't care about miles or doing it the smart way. They want Orion. They got Orion.

542thruNthru

File Article 37.

Then till they tell you to stop. Go to the first Orion stop and send a message. "Per your instructions. Requesting permission to break trace to make air on time." Do the same thing with Buisness. After a few days of that and your over allowed skyrocketing watch how quick they tell you to stop.

Make sure it's all communicated through the DIAD. Print messages each night.

JL 0513

We've now been told that we will have a 95% Orion compliance requirement going forward. This obviously comes down from the very top as no local management including district would sabotage themselves like this. So expect this if you haven't heard it yet.

I'm doing all i can to hit 100% everyday. Usually get a misload or two that screws that up though. As a result, I get to see every part of town 2-4 times each day instead of once.

All day long I feel like I'm engaging in sabotage by following their system. Very unsettling but I try not to care.

I'm pretty certain that it was a gang of FedEx infiltrators that managed to get hired to write Orion. UPS should look into it.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'd file for them posting my personal stats and allowing other drivers to compare.

What is the real reason for posting garbage info like that?
If they want real compliance they can have a real, private discussion with you and you can bring the steward along with your printed manifest showing their master plan to make savers and earlier commits late.

It's subtle harassment.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Simple fix. Grab steward in the morning for a witness. Ask center manager what to do. Air on time or follow trace. Then do what he says and file your 9.5's as well. Easy peasy.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
File Article 37.

Then till they tell you to stop. Go to the first Orion stop and send a message. "Per your instructions. Requesting permission to break trace to make air on time." Do the same thing with Buisness. After a few days of that and your over allowed skyrocketing watch how quick they tell you to stop.

Make sure it's all communicated through the DIAD. Print messages each night.
This is also good advice. Just a simple CYA.

This stuff makes me laugh.

clean hairy

Follow the instructions to stay on trace.
When they ask the next day about late air and missed pickups: (with a Steward present)
"I was working as directed yesterday to stay on trace, do you want me to do the same today?"

SameRightsForAll

Follow trace until you know your going to have late air. Then, break for the air. Follow trace again until you know you will have late business, and then follow trace again. Make sure you take your lunch and breaks in between the 3rd and 6th hour. Follow trace again. They can't bust your chops and you'll end up with less stops if you put in a 9/5

If you read the original post, you'd know that this is exactly what the driver claims he has to do. This is what happens when the company sells different service levels but then gives it all to one driver who is ordered to deliver them in turn according to what a computer figures is best. Now they're saying you can't break away to go make said critical delivery... which ultimately means they are suggesting to ___________ without actually giving the order. You know it and I know it.

WTFm8

Follow trace.

File for harassment if they try to discipline on having late savers.

It’s mostly a dispatch issue vs an actual Orion issue.

They refuse to setup stops like schools and some other businesses as 17:00 commits so Orion treats the savers and ground packages as any other residential stops.

ChiefO

It’s mostly a dispatch issue vs an actual Orion issue.

99% of issues are dispatch issues. Orion is good at doing what it does. If it's doing something stupid there is some reason somewhere making it do it. A decent PDS should be able to look at it and figure out why. Then there's the other 1% where Orion is just being terrible.

My center has an issue where it likes to deliver the ground stops, then save the savers to be delivered with pickups. For no good reason, just for fun.

F

Frankie's Friend

99% of issues are dispatch issues. Orion is good at doing what it does. If it's doing something stupid there is some reason somewhere making it do it. A decent PDS should be able to look at it and figure out why. Then there's the other 1% where Orion is just being terrible.

My center has an issue where it likes to deliver the ground stops, then save the savers to be delivered with pickups. For no good reason, just for fun.
Less than 60 day (as hourly) wonders are running the ship now.
And the rest of management acts like the ridiculous dispatch is normal and doable.
Very frustrating place to work if you have above a 50 IQ.

bumped

If you read the original post, you'd know that this is exactly what the driver claims he has to do. This is what happens when the company sells different service levels but then gives it all to one driver who is ordered to deliver them in turn according to what a computer figures is best. Now they're saying you can't break away to go make said critical delivery... which ultimately means they are suggesting to ___________ without actually giving the order. You know it and I know it.

You can deliver stops going down on your Orion list skipping whatever stops you want and it will not be considered a trace break. Trace breaks only occur when you deliver back up the list. You could deliver every other stop from the start of the day (ex. stop 1,3,5,7, etc.) to the bottom of the list. Then once you go back up to the top of the list to do the even numbered stops( ex 2,4,6,8 etc.) it would only count as one trace break.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You can deliver stops going down on your Orion list skipping whatever stops you want and it will not be considered a trace break. Trace breaks only occur when you deliver back up the list. You could deliver every other stop from the start of the day (ex. stop 1,3,5,7, etc.) to the bottom of the list. Then once you go back up to the top of the list to do the even numbered stops( ex 2,4,6,8 etc.) it would only count as one trace break.
Ups brain power at its best. Smh.

bumped

I have one area that has a very busy road and Orion always wants me to deliver it crossing this road. I refuse to do it that way and deliver that section of work backwards. Even though I do it backwards stop for stop just about every one of the deliveries constitutes a trace break.