Stepped down as a cover driver, can I still go 22.4?

Whitelightning1534

Hello all, I was a cover driver for the past year. I started in peak season of 2017. I never went through any 30 day probation. I basically ran clean up and bulk for that first month. After peak was over, I was told that I was a cover driver but I was laid off for most of the following year and just worked preload. Whenever I was called to drive, I basically just did junk routes or bulk.

This last peak arrived and I was immediately thrown on a tough route with over 500 pieces. I couldn’t find packages all day and I struggled mightily. I felt like I was set up to fail because I never went on a 30 day training route. I ended up dropping out of cover driving because I felt like I was under performing. I was overwhelmed with the amount of work and lack of training.

I had to sign paperwork stating my withdrawal of cover driving and it stated that I can’t bid for this position again for a year or two? Apparently I am still an air driver and will sometimes deliver air after preload. Does anyone know if I can bid on 22.4 when it goes live and if I am able to, will I be red circled at my air rate ? I know that cover drivers get to keep their rate since it’s higher than the $20 that 22.4 start out at. My air rate is $28 by the way.

Thanks for the help fellow teamsters !

You don't want to be a 22.4 driver when this new contract gets finalized and finally signed you will be working 7 days a week yes that means you will be expected to make deliveries on Sundays and no it will not be overtime pay it will be whatever your regular pay is your best bet is trying to become a feeder driver you only have to drive for 8hr shifts I personally do not believe that UPS is a good place to make a career I personally will not work somewhere where it takes as long as UPS does to become a full time or make halfway decent money i have an interview in the morning for another warehouse that is willing to start me off at full time and will allow me to work as much overtime as I want I will be making over three times what I make in a month at UPS

542thruNthru

You don't want to be a 22.4 driver when this new contract gets finalized and finally signed you will be working 7 days a week yes that means you will be expected to make deliveries on Sundays and no it will not be overtime pay it will be whatever your regular pay is your best bet is trying to become a feeder driver you only have to drive for 8hr shifts I personally do not believe that UPS is a good place to make a career I personally will not work somewhere where it takes as long as UPS does to become a full time or make halfway decent money i have an interview in the morning for another warehouse that is willing to start me off at full time and will allow me to work as much overtime as I want I will be making over three times what I make in a month at UPS

Wow so much is wrong with everything you just said.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

DE8AF2A2-075A-463D-ABAA-6B2BB3BDDFCE.gif