Stepped down as a cover driver, can I still go 22.4?

NewYork85

What local rider are you under?

Southwest package rider.

I just looked up some information from the 2013-2018 contract and it states that “no disqualified cover driver will be denied part time to full time job opportunities” this was obviously written before 22.4 was even thought about but it should still apply to it right? I should also be able to keep my current air right correct ?

Southwest package rider.

I just looked up some information from the 2013-2018 contract and it states that “no disqualified cover driver will be denied part time to full time job opportunities” this was obviously written before 22.4 was even thought about but it should still apply to it right? I should also be able to keep my current air right correct ?
You air rate isn't a bid job . correct?

542thruNthru

Southwest package rider.

Don’t think so. After I finished school, I was doing air on Saturdays. But I’m at top rate for air now. I am hoping that $28 gets carried over to 22.4

I'm in the same local rider. Yes you will be able to qualify for a 22.4 position. No your air rate will not carry over and you will have to start progression over. If you were a cover driver it would have carried over.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Why post if you have nothing positive to say

I'll say this unless your local puts some protections in for 22.4 drivers you made a terrible decision. You will make less than the rest of us and be used and abused worse than the rest of us. If you thought you had it bad before good luck to you now. Remember everyday something will suck and covering vacations and the such will be rough no matter what position you have. I know 28 of the 50 routes my center runs and I was trained on 2 of those. Running in the blind sucks but such is life if you want to work. Show up everyday ready to eat a big ole :censored2: sandwich and ask for seconds.

542thruNthru

I'll say this unless your local puts some protections in for 22.4 drivers you made a terrible decision. You will make less than the rest of us and be used and abused worse than the rest of us. If you thought you had it bad before good luck to you now. Remember everyday something will suck and covering vacations and the such will be rough no matter what position you have. I know 28 of the 50 routes my center runs and I was trained on 2 of those. Running in the blind sucks but such is life if you want to work. Show up everyday ready to eat a big ole :censored2: sandwich and ask for seconds.

As a cover driver he would make less then a 22.4 and would work less.

His cover drivers are different then TCD in other areas.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
UPS training is sink or swim. It's so many guys/gals on the bench here itching for some drive time. Put yourself in the ranger's shoes. Would you give a cover who quit covering a spot on 22.4?