still a package handler

I'm still a package handler, I like the work. It gets better everyday, I never been so fit, and healthy in my life.

I still think the same about the driver, you people are real trolls of the company, know what I find funny, I seriously find it funny how you people get fatter drinking your big bottles of slurpee, and the fatter you get, the more you people complaint.

No wonder we need an union, because it's to protect the drivers.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I'm still a package handler, I like the work. It gets better everyday, I never been so fit, and healthy in my life.

I still think the same about the driver, you people are real trolls of the company, know what I find funny, I seriously find it funny how you people get fatter drinking your big bottles of slurpee, and the fatter you get, the more you people complaint.

There's as many fat idiot drivers as there are part-timers.

So there. :knockedout:

There's as many fat idiot drivers as there are part-timers.

So there. :knockedout:

To be honest... you know that there's at least 50% fat idiot drivers, and there's only about like 2% fat idiot part timers. There are no new fat idiot part timers, because you know that a fat person cannot stand this summer heat, and work in a trailer.

The trailer is like a dryer, fat idiots does not have the endurance to stand it. It isn't some fancy car where you just sit on your ass, and enjoy your slurpee and air con. You get what I mean?

U(s)PS Guy

wow man, I'm not a driver, nor am I a package handler...but i realize that the brown drivers definitely don't sit on their asses. now some other brances of UPS...well that's somethign different :)

deathracer

im also a package handler, and i respect the drivers because of what they have to do everyday. running up stairs carrying packages isnt fun in my opinion, neither is driving without ac. dont get me wrong there are a couple drivers that dont seem to happy to get to the hub and they are some jerks that just stand and watch you struggle with a few heavy packages but i dont hate them cause i know they have to work 8 hours a day delivering packages dont get me wrong their pay is worth it but seems to freaking boring to do it everyday.

shift starts in 45 minutes! I'm about to go to work.

I never been in an ups truck so I don't know that it doesn't have a/c, but I really don't care. I can understand why you respect the ups drivers, but you and I know that they never respect us. They think they are upper class, they all think like that. I think most of the people who work as a package handler are more open minded, and usually respect everyone.

I don't like the driver manager guy at my hub, one time I was pushing a cart for my brother(he also work in the local hub he is a customer service rep) I had problem controlling the cart for some odd reason so I was in front of this UPS truck, trying to pull the cart away from the truck right.

I gave a signal to the driver saying wait a moment, but the driver just stopped his truck right in the damn road, the drivers have an attitude problem, they don't know anything about teamwork, and also the driver manager guy stared at me like he wanted to kill me.

I'm glad I'm a package handler, I would never work as a driver. I hope they all get diabetes, and die.​

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

Those drivers work 9-11 hour days while your part time havin ass is working 4 hours a day

haydendavid380

is property of UPS

Where do you think the great majority of the drivers started? As a part timer like you. I'd challenge you to get in and out of a truck whose step is at knee level 200 times, drive for 11 hours with no power steering, and deliver a 160-200 stops and see how you feel. Drivers are above you in the company for a reason, show some respect.95% of the time I get nothing but respect from the drivers because I do the best that I can to give them a good load. So until I meet some prick of a driver, I'd have to disagree with you.

Management on the other hand.... :laughing:

Last edited:

I never been in an ups truck so I don't know that it doesn't have a/c, but I really don't care. I can understand why you respect the ups drivers, but you and I know that they never respect us. They think they are upper class, they all think like that. I think most of the people who work as a package handler are more open minded, and usually respect everyone.

I'm glad I'm a package handler, I would never work as a driver. I hope they all get diabetes, and die.​

Funny you should say that because probably 90% of all drivers were package handlers at one time. And 100% of the drivers are package handlers now. Granted there are many cry baby drivers with a bad attitude you shouldn't take it personally.

deathracer

I don't like the driver manager guy at my hub, one time I was pushing a cart for my brother(he also work in the local hub he is a customer service rep) I had problem controlling the cart for some odd reason so I was in front of this UPS truck, trying to pull the cart away from the truck right.

I gave a signal to the driver saying wait a moment, but the driver just stopped his truck right in the damn road, the drivers have an attitude problem, they don't know anything about teamwork, and also the driver manager guy stared at me like he wanted to kill me.

i know exactly what you mean if ur talking about the bulk carts that i myself had to walk all the way to the front of the preaload belts(20 something trucks lined up from side to side make one belt), so yeah the drivers just stand in my way most of the time i can care less if they decided to help me or not but at least let me through. ive had time to talk to some drivers in my hub so i know how cool some of them can be, one guy i know gets there early so he can help his preloader load his truck and the ones next to him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still think the same about the driver, you people are real trolls of the company, know what I find funny, I seriously find it funny how you people get fatter drinking your big bottles of slurpee, and the fatter you get, the more you people complaint. No wonder we need an union, because it's to protect the drivers.

Everyone should check back in 25-30 years. Package Warrior will have been promoted to head tug boy and will have had his name engraved on to the side of his tug. ("Head Tug Boy") He will still be carrying his grudge against drivers but, and this is the funny part, most of them wouldn't know him if they saw his picture and name on the wall at the Post Office. They would just say, "Isn't that the idiot at the bldg who doesn't know how to push an irreg cart?" He will come in, drive his tug, and go home, only to do it again tomorrow and the next day and so on until he retires and no one notices he is gone. Pitiful.

BTW, I am a driver and I treat my loader with respect because I know that my day is entirely dependent upon the load that he gives me. I take care of him at Christmas and bring drinks in every once in a while for him. I offer constructive criticism if warranted and he responds in a positive manner. Also, at 6', 165 lbs, I would hardly be considered fat. Plus I hate Slurpees.

Package Warrior, why you such a hater? I find it hard to believe that you are working for UPS for practically minimum wage and have no plans on waiting it out and becoming a driver. You can go almost anywhere and get a better paying and easier job for much more money. So, why do you stay? I don't get it.

drewed

Shankman
He has one point that makes a little sense, UPS is has all its little groups, drivers stick with drivers, loaders with loaders, pilots with pilots; etc Ive seen drivers treat their loaders, cover drivers, helpers like sheit ive seen pilots do the same thing. i know theyre not all like that ive met some awesome pilots/drivers just some of them need to realize that the company relys on my job functions just as much as anyone elses

Package Warrior, why you such a hater? I find it hard to believe that you are working for UPS for practically minimum wage and have no plans on waiting it out and becoming a driver. You can go almost anywhere and get a better paying and easier job for much more money. So, why do you stay? I don't get it.

That's true, here in Canada I hear that Fedex pays about 13.50 a hour to do exactly the same thing. Here at ups I'm still being paid 9.50 a hour. The reason I stay is because this job keeps me in good shape, I'm healthier than before, and I never felt so good in my life.

I feel tough, I feel that if I grip a driver in the troat I can rip his troat out. After lifting so many 100 pounds+ inrreg, especially those small boxes that weight 130 pounds, those boxes made my arms into guns. You know what I'm saying?

Also at the hub I work at, a lot of my package handler friends actually works 8 hours a day. I will work 8 hours too when I get a raise. I just got back from work today, and I feel like super man.

Why don't I try to apply for Fedex or another job? the answer is simple, I'm not a greedy man. I don't need that much money.

That's true, here in Canada I hear that Fedex pays about 13.50 a hour to do exactly the same thing. Here at ups I'm still being paid 9.50 a hour. The reason I stay is because this job keeps me in good shape, I'm healthier than before, and I never felt so good in my life.

I feel tough, I feel that if I grip a driver in the troat I can rip his troat out. After lifting so many 100 pounds+ inrreg, especially those small boxes that weight 130 pounds, those boxes made my arms into guns. You know what I'm saying?

Also at the hub I work at, a lot of my package handler friends actually works 8 hours a day. I will work 8 hours too when I get a raise. I just got back from work today, and I feel like super man.

Must be nice to work regular part time hours. Not have to come to work at 3:00am.