still a package handler

Mike Hawk

That's true, here in Canada I hear that Fedex pays about 13.50 a hour to do exactly the same thing. Here at ups I'm still being paid 9.50 a hour. The reason I stay is because this job keeps me in good shape, I'm healthier than before, and I never felt so good in my life.

I feel tough, I feel that if I grip a driver in the troat I can rip his troat out. After lifting so many 100 pounds+ inrreg, especially those small boxes that weight 130 pounds, those boxes made my arms into guns. You know what I'm saying?

Also at the hub I work at, a lot of my package handler friends actually works 8 hours a day. I will work 8 hours too when I get a raise. I just got back from work today, and I feel like super man.

Why don't I try to apply for Fedex or another job? the answer is simple, I'm not a greedy man. I don't need that much money.
You should use that UPS tuition assistance to go to school, that way you can feel smart, instead of tough thinking you can rip a driver's trout out.

PS lol trout

IDoLessWorkThanMost

lol I like being tough, even it's not always good. I just broke my window's handle and it's made of metal...

:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:...

Wow, you don't know anything about drivers, their days, and etc but you'll call them fat and lazy.

Hey pal, around here they're hiring 80 pound women for the unload, fat 20 year old kids, I'm talking 200-300 pounds, they don't discriminate on part-timers. If you have a pulse you're in.

You have alot of nerve posting like you did, then fishing for responses to boost your ego " my guns" "I feel tough" "superman"

You're making 9.50 an hour. I chuckle at you for being jealous of those that put in the years to get where they are at. When you're 30 and 40 years old we'll see where things stand, especially after 40. Your body slows down after 30, your back degenerates after 20, etc.

I'm not going to insult you here, it's not worth it. Just keep in mind those that are "fat and lazy" making real money most likely earned it.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Isn't he the same guy a few months ago that was crying about being in the unload because it was too hard for him?

What a weenie! Good call!

When I woke up this morning, not only did my back hurt, but my foot feels sore too. my foot didn't felt any pain yesterday, but now I have trouble walking.

I got to honestly say, working as a package handler is quite an experience. In my life, I never experienced what's it like to be a slave. I'll think of this as a history lesson. Now I truely understand how it feels to be a slave in ancient Rome. I don't have to watch the discovery channel about slaves in ancient rome to learn about them, because I'll be getting the education again tomorrow.

If I make it back alive from tomorrow's shift. I'll tell you guys about it

I knew it's just a matter of time, untill I give this card back to them. I'm thinking of quitting today. I just don't see why I should sell my life like this.

I'm literally selling my life doing this job, it is not the matter of using muscles. The question is why would I be wanting to use my muscles and contribute this kind of life selling work for them, for anytime longer.

If I join like an army, at least I'll be fighting for a nation. lol

Today was a little better, they partnered me up with a white guy who's a little older than me. we got two, and a half short trailers done(the kind where you flip the wood covers up, and where you find pain below)

I hate to say this, since I'm a Chinese person myself, but I hope to god that if god have mercy on me, please never parnter me up with a Chinese or brown guy. I don't know what they are trying to prove, but they work at an insane pace.

There's only one white guy working at unloading with me, I hope
that I partner up with him every shift lol, this guy is so awesome, he also thinks that it's stupid to work that quickly. This guy thinks the same way I do, it's a fricking sweat shop!

Without doubt, we're the slowest unloaders in our hub, but it's cool. my job isn't so bad now, at least there's someone there who understands my job you know what I'm saying?

Also my parnter told me to ask the sup, in charge of the whole operation, that when do I get to do lighter duties. so I said "Hi, when do I get to learn to do something else", the sup said "one month". the sup seems very friendly if you ask me, I hope she keeps her word.

By the way dolesswork, thanks for the advice but I don't want to use the yellow ladder chair thingy, cause it makes me looks like a kid lol. Anyways what's a shop steward?

Originally Posted by toonertoo
I say that prayer every night.
I would say if you cant "man"up, you should take brownmonsters advice. We do not need any wimpy crying hourly beside us, who makes the union, and then we gotta carry you.
Get out now, run fast, which will be hard since your paws hurt soooooooooooo bad. Ive heard people whine and moan, but you bucko, take the cake.
Tell Daddy, its too hard. Leave now, do not go in tonight, call and tell them you are never coming back.
Learn to spell, quit making fun of other races, and go work on wall street or something. I heard bears and stern need alot of help. You can just sit in a chair and play guitar hero or something.
Sorry mods I couldnt resist.
And by the way, dont join the army, you would be gone in an hour. Join the marines, and you would be gone in a flash.

You're a driver how much packages do you have to deal with in a day? 100? Today I lifted more than 3000 packages including inrregulars. Don't even talk to about the union.

The reason you can cruise around in your truck sitting on your **s is because of unloaders like me working in the hub untill our spine breaks. Without us doing this ty job, I don't think there's going to be even an union.

I doubt anyone in the union or at my hub wants me to leave, I only get 9 dollars, and 30 cents an hour. There's not a lot of people who's capable of doing my job, and neither will a lot of people who is capable of doing my job wants to stay doing this job.

by the way, don't troll my thread thanks.

Alright I guess I was rude to say those things. I had a lot of stress the first few days, and I lost my cool. Funny thing is even how horrible this job might be, I'm feeling better from it, I'm feeling better everyday.

I think it was because I wasn't healthy, the more I do this the more I like this job. It's not too bad after all. In fact I'm working on friday even when it's holiday.

I'm not going to write on this forum again, thanks bye.

Loooooser, and a liar. ;/