Still have my job?

Greetings,

I was injured on the job, yet there was a dispute, and all in all I didn't file workers compensation or for an injury claim. However I was allowed to take time off. Going on three weeks now. I asked before taking leave if I will still have my job and management said yes. When I go back I can start driving Saturday air and then progress to full time driver.

So, do you guys think this is true? Will I be allowed to return and retain my seniority?

Will this affect my chances of becoming a driver?

Any suggestions on how to go about returning to work and on good terms?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Short answer at this point is show up and see. At very least you should be in regular contact. For extended absences you may need to fill out the proper fmla paperwork to be sure your job is still there when you get back. If you were injured on the job, you should have filed a claim, and it might not be too late to do so. Without more specifics that's about the best I can offer. I'd run the situation by your union rep.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Have you used a sick/personal day for one day a week for your weeks off? Save your doctors notes for your records..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That is exactly what happend. I reported the injury. Management proceeded by threatening me with intimidation stating that if I report an injury I will jeopardize there 5 year injury free safety award. This in effect, influenced my decision making to not report an injury, through the process of intimidation.

There's your mistake. You let management intimidate you.

I'm not sure you have any recourse now. Check with you steward.

Heavy Package

Greetings,

I was injured on the job, yet there was a dispute, and all in all I didn't file workers compensation or for an injury claim.

Wow - You are a UPS manager's dream and a personal injury lawyer's nightmare. Seriously, I hope you are OK and obviously don't know any of the details.

UPS must abide by all of the laws regarding injuries on the job. It looks like in this case, you didn't protect your rights and UPS is trying to hide something. I wish you the best but this is NOT how to handle even a potential injury on the job.

Greetings,

I was injured on the job, yet there was a dispute, and all in all I didn't file workers compensation or for an injury claim. However I was allowed to take time off. Going on three weeks now. I asked before taking leave if I will still have my job and management said yes. When I go back I can start driving Saturday air and then progress to full time driver.

So, do you guys think this is true? Will I be allowed to return and retain my seniority?

If I’m not mistaken, they’d have to send you a certified letter informing you that you’re facing discharge for not showing up. Without that, they leave open the door for grey areas too.
Always report injuries. I’ve made the same mistake. Paid steep price due to it. Always file on management for any violations. They’re not your friend and always remember that. Good luck!

I had an injury once in November. Was out starting early January, surgery in late January. Came back in mid March. filed a comp claim with my doctor in late April. The state approved the claim within a week. Ups wasn’t happy, but they don’t make the rules.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Greetings,

How long have you been at ups

UPS Preloader

Where I am, you have 30 days to report an injury. Without reporting it, you will need to be 100% to return to work.

Last edited: