Still not paid since OCTOBER

Pogline1

I need help. I bid an inside position (air combo)after driving for almost 20yrs. The last week of October they changed my job title and pay rate which I knew I was taking a $2 pay cut Ok fine. Well they screwed up my rate and I went from $39 down to $17/hr. So I talked to management and they said it would be corrected asap. Nothing of course at this point which was about two weeks into November ,so I filed a grievance won the hearing in November with penalty pay. Was told it would be corrected within ten days and I’d have back pay and penalty pay done. Well we are almost through January. The pay on workday finally was correct last week Thursday and still NO back pay or penalty pay!! I’ve talked to management, union stewards again, Labor rep from hearing! All I get is should have it this week! Still nothing and I’m beyond frustrated…can anyone help me on where to go?!

542thruNthru

File another grievance.

Screenshot_20220125-081533_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

trickpony1

OOPS! I forgot.....

Contact your state's Dept of Labor.

UPS doesn't like outside agencies getting involved and will move quickly after the Sate DOL gets involved.
Have all your dates, times, dollar amounts and other pertinent info ready before you call.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Anytime there’s a pay issue in our building our center manager has a check in your hand the next day. I don’t understand what kinda buildings some of you work in.

Pogline1

Anytime there’s a pay issue in our building our center manager has a check in your hand the next day. I don’t understand what kinda buildings some of you work in.
Yeah you and me both! It’s not ok! I’ve called everyone including Atlanta and started a case. Still nothing.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That is what we don’t understand! They just keep saying give it one more week.

It sure sounds like they pegged you as a “ nice guy”.... they shorted me a couple of years ago, first time I brought it to their attention I was a nice guy also, I had to go in a second time that was when I morphed into the alien ... Problem solved...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I need help. I bid an inside position (air combo)after driving for almost 20yrs. The last week of October they changed my job title and pay rate which I knew I was taking a $2 pay cut Ok fine. Well they screwed up my rate and I went from $39 down to $17/hr. So I talked to management and they said it would be corrected asap. Nothing of course at this point which was about two weeks into November ,so I filed a grievance won the hearing in November with penalty pay. Was told it would be corrected within ten days and I’d have back pay and penalty pay done. Well we are almost through January. The pay on workday finally was correct last week Thursday and still NO back pay or penalty pay!! I’ve talked to management, union stewards again, Labor rep from hearing! All I get is should have it this week! Still nothing and I’m beyond frustrated…can anyone help me on where to go?!
If you haven't received your backpay yet, then the meter is still running on the penalty pay....4 hours for every pay period that has passed since filing the grievance.

tramtwo

If you don't need the money let the meter continue to run... this could get into the thousands and thousands of dollars of penalty pay for them!!

Pogline1

It sure sounds like they pegged you as a “ nice guy”.... they shorted me a couple of years ago, first time I brought it to their attention I was a nice guy also, I had to go in a second time that was when I morphed into the alien ... Problem solved...
That is a big part of it. I’ve never felt so taken advantage of in my life. The stress and time this takes is beyond messed up! I’m so sick of this :censored2:. I have heard strike. But idk what grounds that is. I’ve read the contract doesn’t really break it down much. But they just can’t be doing this to peoples minds and livelihood!