stimulus check question?

onehandsolo

If you made almost 100k last year and R a single guy with no kids. They will probably make me pay into the stimulus program.
Not so fast they use your adjusted gross income from your last federal tax filing. Example I made 100 grand last year max out my 401k($24000 I am over 50). Plus the standard deduction ($12000) add it all up and my adjusted gross income is less than $75000. Which means I qualify for the full amount of stimulus $1200. So you should be getting something how much depends on the amount you contributed to your 401k plus your standard or itemized deduction.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not so fast they use your adjusted gross income from your last federal tax filing. Example I made 100 grand last year max out my 401k($24000 I am over 50). Plus the standard deduction ($12000) add it all up and my adjusted gross income is less than $75000. Which means I qualify for the full amount of stimulus $1200. So you should be getting something how much depends on the amount you contributed to your 401k plus your standard or itemized deduction.
Nah bro pretty sure personal exemptions reduce magi not agi.

onehandsolo

Not so fast they use your adjusted gross income from your last federal tax filing. Your earnings minus
Yep
You have it to eay
No Ball and Chain
Sorry I was wrong your standard or itemized deduction does not reduce your AGI. Your pretax 401k or Ira will reduce this amount however.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We should all do the patriotic thing and not accept that check since we’ve all been working.....

Attachments

• 7424F940-66A5-4ECA-9254-D580ECBC25E7.jpeg
    7424F940-66A5-4ECA-9254-D580ECBC25E7.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 85

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So with your rental property, spouse income, and FedEx Ground you still qualify? Lol

The key is to put that side income under a relative with a lower income tax bracket...

Just similar to the FXG investor group with soo many sub corporations in the same terminal.

Yeah, no way would I have that many kids