Stop Discrimination in UPS especially in UPS Management!!!

civilrightsfighter

UPS Civil Rights Fighter
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Federal Law, USE IT!!! It doesn’t cost you and you don’t need an attorney either to file a charge against any employer with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission www.eeoc.gov

It's not about Blacks, Whites, Latinos or Asians. It's all about fairness at work.

Walgreen to settle race lawsuit
America's largest pharmacy chain, Walgreen, has agreed to pay $20m to settle a federal lawsuit alleging discrimination against black workers.

The Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) - a watchdog agency - says Walgreen sent black staff to low-performing stores in black areas.
African-American employees, including pharmacists and managers, were also denied promotions, the EEOC claims.
The settlement deal must still be approved by a federal judge.
"We commend Walgreen for working cooperatively with us to reach an amicable settlement of this case without protracted litigation," EEOC Chair Naomi Earp said in a statement.
Walgreen, who has denied the allegations throughout, said it was glad to have resolved the issue.
Sharing the money
The EEOC launched its case after carrying out an investigation into 12 complaints filed by current and former Walgreen staff across the country.
Most of the complaints in the class action suit came from workers and former staff in St Louis, Florida, Detroit and Kansas City.
Lawyers say the $20 million (£9.8 million) will be split among lawyers who handled the case and the more than 7,500 employees who brought a class action against the company. Walgreen says it is the largest US pharmacy chain by sales, with more than 5,638 stores in 48 states and Puerto Rico, and recorded sales of $47.4bn (£24.5bn) in the 2006 financial year.

Overpaid Union Thug

Equal Employment Opportunity is the Federal Law, USE IT!!! It doesn’t cost you and you don’t need an attorney either to file a charge against any employer with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission www.eeoc.gov

It's not about Blacks, Whites, Latinos or Asians. It's all about fairness at work.

America's largest pharmacy chain, Walgreen, has agreed to pay $20m to settle a federal lawsuit alleging discrimination against black workers.

The Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) - a watchdog agency - says Walgreen sent black staff to low-performing stores in black areas.
African-American employees, including pharmacists and managers, were also denied promotions, the EEOC claims.
"We commend Walgreen for working cooperatively with us to reach an amicable settlement of this case without protracted litigation," EEOC Chair Naomi Earp said in a statement.
Walgreen, who has denied the allegations throughout, said it was glad to have resolved the issue.
Sharing the money
The EEOC launched its case after carrying out an investigation into 12 complaints filed by current and former Walgreen staff across the country.
Most of the complaints in the class action suit came from workers and former staff in St Louis, Florida, Detroit and Kansas City.
Lawyers say the $20 million (£9.8 million) will be split among lawyers who handled the case and the more than 7,500 employees who brought a class action against the company. Walgreen says it is the largest US pharmacy chain by sales, with more than 5,638 stores in 48 states and Puerto Rico, and recorded sales of $47.4bn (£24.5bn) in the 2006 financial year.

I wish I was a minority so I could sue an employer everytime I didn't get what I wanted. Playing the "race card" is the bcomming the most popular get rich scheme. I'd be a rich man by now.

defcon4

You hit the nail on the head big_arrow_up. Playing the race card IS racism, the exact thing they are trying to stop. Although I haven't seen any racist acts or attitudes for a long time now (and I live in Georgia so that says something). Racism was a pre 70's thing, now the United States actually gives more opportunities for and caters to minorities.

"Equal opportunity" means equal for ALL races (WHITES AND BLACKS AND ASIANS ETC.) it's not equal opportunity just for minorities.

raceanoncr

Uh, where in this Walgreen thing does it mention UPS? Where did THIS come from? Where did this ESPECIALLY IN UPS MANAGEMENT come from?

Can we get a little more specific?

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! CALL THE KING!!!!!!

sendagain

I suspect some lawyer may have posted this trolling for clients. You don't even need a good case much of the time, you just threaten and hope the company settles. I have found UPS one of the fairest companies around when promoting minorities.

ImpactedTSG

Yeah, stop the racism. I can count about 50 while males that were more qualified than most of the black and especially black females I saw promoted. They all had letters in and were through the panel interview, but guess what, they need some token minority to meet some quota. Why do you just **** and go away. Earn your position in the work place not some courtroom jagoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

============================================
Stop shouting. Here's the EEOC description of Race/Color discrimination.
Perhaps you meant to shout about affirmative action. Open up a new thread for that. As for "fairness at work", like it or not, the federal goverment determines that. Not you. Now for the EEOC desecription.

Race/Color Discrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals against employment discrimination on the bases of race and color, as well as national origin, sex, and religion. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.
Equal employment opportunity cannot be denied any person because of his/her racial group or perceived racial group, his/her race-linked characteristics (e.g., hair texture, color, facial features), or because of his/her marriage to or association with someone of a particular race or color. Title VII also prohibits employment decisions based on stereotypes and assumptions about abilities, traits, or the performance of individuals of certain racial groups. Title VII's prohibitions apply regardless of whether the discrimination is directed at Whites, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs, Native Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, multi-racial individuals, or persons of any other race, color, or ethnicity.
It is unlawful to discriminate against any individual in regard to recruiting, hiring and promotion, transfer, work assignments, performance measurements, the work environment, job training, discipline and discharge, wages and benefits, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment. Title VII prohibits not only intentional discrimination, but also neutral job policies that disproportionately affect persons of a certain race or color and that are not related to the job and the needs of the business. Employers should adopt "best practices" to reduce the likelihood of discrimination and to address impediments to equal employment opportunity.

Overpaid Union Thug

============================================
Stop shouting. Here's the EEOC description of Race/Color discrimination.
Perhaps you meant to shout about affirmative action. Open up a new thread for that. As for "fairness at work", like it or not, the federal goverment determines that. Not you. Now for the EEOC desecription.

Race/Color Discrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals against employment discrimination on the bases of race and color, as well as national origin, sex, and religion. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.
Equal employment opportunity cannot be denied any person because of his/her racial group or perceived racial group, his/her race-linked characteristics (e.g., hair texture, color, facial features), or because of his/her marriage to or association with someone of a particular race or color. Title VII also prohibits employment decisions based on stereotypes and assumptions about abilities, traits, or the performance of individuals of certain racial groups. Title VII's prohibitions apply regardless of whether the discrimination is directed at Whites, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs, Native Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, multi-racial individuals, or persons of any other race, color, or ethnicity.
It is unlawful to discriminate against any individual in regard to recruiting, hiring and promotion, transfer, work assignments, performance measurements, the work environment, job training, discipline and discharge, wages and benefits, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment. Title VII prohibits not only intentional discrimination, but also neutral job policies that disproportionately affect persons of a certain race or color and that are not related to the job and the needs of the business. Employers should adopt "best practices" to reduce the likelihood of discrimination and to address impediments to equal employment opportunity.

The Civil Rights Act could be used to end Affirmative Action. The language states that it's unlawful to discriminate against people based on color so I guess when minorities are given preferential treatment over whites to fill a job it could be considered illegal? Hmmm......?.....?

defcon4

Title VII's prohibitions apply regardless of whether the discrimination is directed at Whites, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Arabs, Native Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, multi-racial individuals, or persons of any other race, color, or ethnicity.
[/FONT]

You're right, the discrimination against whites these days IS ILLEGAL!!! So "civilrightsfighter" you can either start including whites in your fight for so called "civil rights" or you can consider yourself a bona fide hypocrite.

satellitedriver

Sharing the money

So what's your point?
Ups does not discriminate!
Every employee is hated equally.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So what's your point?
Ups does not discriminate!
Every employee is hated equally.
Yes we are all beaten equally, black, white, man, woman, where is the discrimination? If its in the hiring, UPS is bound by law, and Ups cant fix that. Its another stupid law. There are fewer women at ups than men, why? They do not apply in the same number would be my guess. AS for other minorities I would have to "guess" the same.
As for promtion from within. If there are 25 candidates and 23 are white males, 1 is a woman and one is a black, one of the two minorities shoud not get the job when another is more qualified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats just wrong.
Just another story of lawyers making money.

jenltuli

Isn't it wonderful that Ups and lets face it all of the world is not free of racism! Everyone is ALWAYS treated equally. JUST wonderful

Overpaid Union Thug

Equality is one thing but giving special treatment to minorities over whites is another. That is called RACISM. The irony is that companies will do this to avoid racial discrimination charges but by doing so they are commiting a racist act. It seems like the only jobs that aren't affected by this are pro sports. If this crap continues in the work place than maybe us whites should demand "equal opportunity" in the NFL and NBA. LOL.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If in the scenario of 23 white males, a woman, and a black, where the black person is most qualified and he does not get the job, that would be unequal treatment. That could be racism. And that would be wrong.
I know I was used as a tool to fill one of those quotas, and it just so happened that I am Ok at it. If I hadnt been I would have been gone, I understood that, as a white female would that have been bias? Unfair treatment? No, it would be unfair to burden others by carrying me. Ups has only the opportunity in most places to fill a driver position from the outside to meet those quotas. The rest goes by time served and 6 to 1. So if there are say 20 women, 20 blacks, and 80 whites in my building, is that racism, No its just how it is. In my area. I would bet in larger predominantly black cities, the ration is turned around in many cases. If no one applies from the inner city, how can UPS hire them?
Im not a cheer leader for UPS, but I dont see racism there. And actually there is much more reverse racism than racism. I look at everyone the same, I think most UPS people do. And I love the people that I work with because we can talk freely and enjoy each others company and none of us are all hung up on behavior from years ago which none of us had anything to do with.

jasar13

Sharing the money

why don't you go fishing for clients in a different pond? we have enough issues to cloud the water.

trickpony1

I'm just guessing but.......
Why would any attorney fish the internet for cases or clients when there are other resources available to reference precedents and related court decisions?
Assuming this "troll" does have people PM him/her who feel that they have been discriminated against by the company, what's it gonna look like when the plaintiffs attorney stands before the judge and says, "....sir, I have emails and PM's from all these affected people from across the nation.....".
Is this an attorney fishing for clients or an individual who feels he/she has been denied an "opportunity" to get into or move up the "ladder of success".
Draw your own calculated conclusions

DS

Fenderbender
Where I am the drivers are are rather diverse in thier origins.
In my center alone(about 50 ft drivers),off the top of my head
come from:
Pakistan
Iran
Jamaica
Mexico
Britain
Russia
India
Africa
Korea
Poland
Native
Puerto rico
Spain
Quebec*
Holland
Brazil
And for the most part,we all get along fine.