Stopping satellite routes

satellitedriver

Fredly000 Said It Right. Later Start Later Getting Off.2 Hrs Less Drive In Ups Veh But 1 Hr Will Be Lost In Loading From P60 To Pkg Car, Next Day Del Will Have To Be Made 1st ,another Trip To P60 Pickups Back By 630 Another Trip To P60.if Ups Saves Any Money This Way I Dont See It .my Main Concern Is For The Employees Affected.part Timers Wanting To Drive ,older Drivers Having To Bid On 120 Stop/400 Pkg Routes.ups Is Making Record Profits,why Do Something That Harms So Many Of The People Responsible For This . That Is Why Im Trying To Stop It. Any Advise Would Be Appreciated. If You Have This In Your Center Tell The Problems You Are Having.thanks
Hey "FLASH", I am so glad someone out there is sticking up for the little guy. You must be a blessing at your center. I am one of those "Older Drivers"( 54 years old and 20 years of service). I did not "HAVE" to bid on my satellite route, I was asked if I wanted it. You asked for advice, so I will give you mine. Learn what your talking about before you speak. You only ask for the problems with it not the positive benifits of it. I am glad UPS makes a profit, that is why I buy UPS every paycheck. Keep up the good fight for us "little guys".

blue efficacy

MFVoicemail,
You're right. The company probably isn't saving any money but it looks good on paper and anything they (the company) can do to demoralize and "divide and conquer" the working masses is fine and dandy.
If I were a package driver I would be very concerned about what the contract language says about this and is the company testing this concept in preparation to slam us on the next contract?
I can see it now........"oh, but you have been letting us (the company) do this since late 2005 without any objections so we are implementing it in the 2008 contract language.".
The company is good at sneaking things in under our noses and then calling it "past practice".
In fact, what the company may be gearing up to do is use two part-timers on each route. One PT'er starts early and runs for five hours then another PT'er meets the first one on route and runs for five hours. Simple math equation: 5+5=10 hour day, no benefits, much lower labor costs and a younger workforce because all the old-timers quit or retired early on the "early out" offer the company, just coincidentally, made at the 2008 contract "last, best and final" offer.
I would watch it closely.
Since when do we part timers get no benefits? I like my benefits very much.

B

BRAD R.

it's the Teamsters way. It's OUR way or no WAY. WE (TEAMSTERS) actually run this company and if we don;t like it. Well, the #@ll with them. Ups should not be able to make their own decision as to how they will run their operation. If you guys have it so bad why do you still show up to work EVERYDAY?

Give me a break!!!!!! Divide and conquer lol!!!!!