Story buried by the Liberal media

over9five

Staff member
Why won't they report on this story? Any time a gun is used for a crime, it's on the front page for days. But when a man with a gun saves lives, it gets only a small (if any) footnote.

LPGuy

This is not big news because ultimately, the libs would love to take away the right to gun ownership. The news media takes a position that parallels the lefties who would love to destroy this country, as we know it. When the day comes that the constitutional right to own firearms is overturned, it will result in an insurance policy for the "Imperial Government" that the citizens will not rise against it.

It is truly shameful that:

1) People are so naive.

2) People are so ignorant

3) People are lazy. They would rather listen to the "know-it-all" person at the barbershop than spend time researching the issues for themselves.

4) People trade liberty for perceived security.

5) These same people's vote counts as much as mine.

LPGuy

diesel96

over9fiveStory buried by the Liberal media
Why won't they report on this story?

Cause it's local news....

LPGuy said:
This is not big news because ultimately, the libs would love to take away the right to gun ownership. The news media takes a position that parallels the lefties who would love to destroy this country,

Easy their Ted Nugent worshipper, is this what the NRA is sending in their newsletters nowadays?

Pollocknbrown

Personally i think that is a very nice story but not worthy of national attention, just because of the fact that this country is starting to slide to the left side a little bit. On another note, guns i think should regulated so they dont lend up in the wrong hands, but of course this is hard to prevent, because they always end up "lost" or "stolen" by someone.

satellitedriver

over9fiveStory buried by the Liberal media
Why won't they report on this story?

Cause it's local news....
]

It may be a local news event, but it is part of a nationally debated issue.
I hear on the news in Texas about gang on gang shootings from across the nation.
Why do I hear the negative local news from across the nation, but not the positive?
And yes, I think it was a positive that the man was carrying a pistol legally and used it to save someones life.
If my wife was ever attacked, I can only hope someone like myself or Ted Nugent was around to protect her.

diesel96

I don't think most of us have a problem with home protection, hunters, collectors and concealed weapons liscense held by law abiding citizens.....The big issue is the blackmarket, felons, convicts, kids, background and mental checks, cooling off periods, machine guns, fully automatic assault weapons , armor piercing ammo, etc..most police agencies will agree some of these issues drives a wedge between Law Enforcement and the NRA. No arguement here, the FAR left is taking it to the extreme. But keep in mind their are innocent victims affected and we should be compassionate towards them, and we can't dismiss that there is a problem as far guns and ammo getting into the wrong hands. So we should work for a compromise (w/o denying reasonable gun ownership for law abiding citizens) and agressively attack illegal gun possesors and dealers. As far as news coverage, unfortunatly negative news gets much more ratings than positive news(even on Fox).

over9five

Staff member
"...unfortunatly negative news gets much more ratings than positive news(even on Fox)."

Agreed. I view Fox simply as a 'less Liberal' news source.

"I don't think most of us have a problem with home protection, hunters, collectors and concealed weapons liscense held by law abiding citizens"

I agree with that also. I think that most of us (The People) support gun ownership. It seems to me that gun control is supported majorly by the media, Hollywood, and certain politicians (who have armed security).

Our new governor (here in The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts) has publicly blamed law abiding gun owners for the illegal guns on the street! Why blame people who steal guns, it's much easier to blame the victims?

There are soooo many gun laws. If only they'd enforce them! I'm for mandatory sentencing for using a gun during a crime, carrying a gun illegaly, etc. But soft judges let many go with just the wrist slap, and they're back on the street soon with an easily attainable gun (gun laws have no effect on criminals ability to get a gun).

I am compassionate toward victims of crime. I could tell you a horrible story of two days ago here in Mass. But I also think, "How different might the outcome have been if she had had a gun?"

diesel96

I think GW and the Conservative Media has been ignoring coverage of our beloved soldiers coming home in flag draped coffins for 4 years.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think GW and the Conservative Media has been ignoring coverage of our beloved soldiers coming home in flag draped coffins for 4 years.

That's odd because I seem to remember countless examples of news coverage showing Bush attending military funerals as well as coverage of him speaking to the family members of deceased Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors. Sometimes from the White House and sometimes face to face with the familys. And I'm sure while he was grieving with those familys CNN and company were probably showing those coffins as examples of why we should pull out of Iraq when, if anything, they should have been used as examples of why we should stay. A defeatist attitude, especially when it stems from a political agenda, does nothing but hurt our country. It fuels the enemy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
bigarrowup said:
That's odd because I seem to remember countless examples of news coverage showing Bush attending military funerals

I'd be interested in seeing some of that footage if you have a link. My understanding is that Bush has not attended a single funeral as of yet, but I could be wrong. He's certainly had plenty of chances.
Most recent article I could find about it: click

Overpaid Union Thug

I'd be interested in seeing some of that footage if you have a link. My understanding is that Bush has not attended a single funeral as of yet, but I could be wrong. He's certainly had plenty of chances.
Most recent article I could find about it: click

I stand corrected. It wasn't funerals. I've seen him lookin over flag draped coffins though. Not to mention meeting face to face with the parents of many of the parents. That has to be difficult.

tieguy

Banned

I understand your point but by making it you again discredit the efforts of our troops. Our troops have done much good in Iraq. The main liberal media which controls the press you and I see refuses to give them the credit for their successes. Your response does the same. You thus appear to refuse to give our troops this same credit by trying to divert our attention to another issue that is not in sync with how our troops efforts are handled by the liberal press. You thus align yourself with the lberal media against our troops.

diesel96

I understand your point but by making it you again discredit the efforts of our troops.
I simply stated a fact. I'm sorry you take it as discrediting troops, but thats your hang up, not mine.

Our troops have done much good in Iraq.
Lets play the "we support our troops" more than you card.
(eventhough no one has claimed our troops have done bad)

The main liberal media which controls the press you and I see refuses to give them the credit for their successes. Your response does the same. You thus appear to refuse to give our troops this same credit by trying to divert our attention to another issue that is not in sync with how our troops efforts are handled by the liberal press. You thus align yourself with the lberal media against our troops.

Once the Conservatives learn they do not retain the rights to the words "Troops" or "patriots" the closer this country can once again band to together and be stronger and more united .
The problem with the Right is when they hear the media (other than Fox) report the TRUTH about the Bush Admin's failed policies and declining support of the Iraq conflict they contradictory manipulate that the media and it's audience as discrediting the troops. Conservatives somehow fail to distinguish that critisizing the current enept Leadership is in no way disrespecting our troops.

Overpaid Union Thug

Once the Conservatives learn they do not retain the rights to the words "Troops" or "patriots" the closer this country can once again band to together and be stronger and more united .
The problem with the Right is when they hear the media (other than Fox) report the TRUTH about the Bush Admin's failed policies and declining support of the Iraq conflict they contradictory manipulate that the media and it's audience as discrediting the troops. Conservatives somehow fail to distinguish that critisizing the current enept Leadership is in no way disrespecting our troops.

It is rediculous to think that you can distinguish the "enept leadership" from the job performance of the troops. They are one in the same. And last I checked the Surge was working better than expected (terrorist attacks down 50% from before the Surge started) and even getting better. So, saying Bush's Iraq decisions are failures is a slam on the troops because that totally contradicts what is actually happening over there. That would explain why conservatives fail to distinguish the two. Because it's not logical to do so.

tieguy

Banned

Why wouldn't they own the rights to those terms since the liberals despise the concepts of patriotism. Look at yourself as the perfect example. Its clear you hate your country with passion and you could not call yourself a patriot or say you loved your country no matter how many chances I gave you.

The problem with the Right is when they hear the media (other than Fox) report the TRUTH about the Bush Admin's failed policies and declining support of the Iraq conflict they contradictory manipulate that the media and it's audience as discrediting the troops.

I wish it were that simple. The fact is your liberal biased media will actively pursue only those stories that negatively attack our troops and our country. You comrade as a hater of this country find that appealing where those of us who love our country and our troops find it disturbing.

Conservatives somehow fail to distinguish that critisizing the current enept Leadership is in no way disrespecting our troops.

Your efforts and theirs has been to completely remove all support for those troops and then to somehow expect us to believe you support them. Comrade you can not have your hatefilled cake and eat it too.