Strange Delivery - Half vent, half looking for insight

Rack em

Made the Podium
lol, maybe. I've never sold, though. possession after possession, never with intent and never actually had intent. I just liked getting high. it eventually moved up to pills, I caught several felony possession charges in one go that my lawyer worked magic with and reduced to possession of weed and paraphernalia.

So I slipped out of ruining my life for good and managed to at least figure out my priorities in life. ~10 years later and here I am-- one of you guys. lmao
Glad you got on the right path buddy :)

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Couple years back I left a bagged package on a guys porch in a downpour. FedEx left a fancy crockpot not bagged, completely ruined outside of the garage. I get a couple blocks down the road and a guy in a jeep flies down the road, locks his brakes and blocks my truck in and runs up on me while I’m walking a stop off. “Hey a**hole you think you can leave my smilet in the rain? I got you on camera!” I snapped and told him to get the :censored2: out of my face or I’ll knock your ass out. He backed up a couple steps and he went on and on about seeing me on his ring camera leave his crockpot out in the rain and kept calling me a :censored2:ing a**hole. I said something alone the lines of you’re stupid, I rang your doorbell no :censored2: you saw me leave that BAGGED package on your porch, do you have a doorbell at your garage? I didn’t deliver your crockpot go look at the label and see FedEx on it. The owner of the house who’s driveway this was all taking place in came out and told the guy to get lost. I really thought we were gonna duke it out right then and there. He left and nothing came of it. About two weeks later I was there with another delivery and he came out and apologized to me. After that went down I started carrying a knife. Don’t hesitate to tell your sup there’s a volatile or unstable costumer at an address and you’re not delivering there anymore. Not worth the trouble. That guy would have had my job had he called and repeated what I said to him even though he was completely in the wrong.

Made brown

So this is earlier this evening, between 7pm-8pm. I'm down to my last 25 stops, everybody's getting one package each except for a couple doubles and a 4-piece bulk/irreg resi' stop that I've been riding around with all gosh darn day. I'm ecstatic to finally get these 4 giant ass boxes off my truck, and when I notice that it's my next stop my heart almost skips a beat.

Half a mile later, I pull up to the house. Guy walks out, maybe 35-45 (I'm bad with ages.) I lock eyes with him before I go into the back of the truck to pull the handcart out. I come around the bulkhead door with the handcart and here's the guy, looking happy as can be and saying "Man! My wife's been waiting for you all day!" Kind of caught me off guard but not really, because I hear that type of thing all the time. "Oh... well, here I am!" as I started to roll the handcart down the steps.

Dude tilted his head and looked at me all confused. We locked eyes again for a second before I just went in the back to get the first irreg. Came back out, started unloading the irreg off the truck and onto the handcart with my back to the customer. "Are you mad or somethin'?" I hear from behind me. I turn around.

"...No," I said as I frowned and shook my head. He's quiet for a few seconds, and then "...Were you tryna be smart?"

Again, I just say "No," and the dude starts walking back up his driveway. I went back to the handcart and started maneuvering it to make the delivery. As I turn around, this guy's like 3 feet away from me. "I don't know, man, it kind of sounded like you were tryna be smart, like low-key slick or some *."

"No, man, you said you've been waiting and here I am, that's all." He gets within a foot or so.

"I don't like that *." His nostrils flair and his chest puffs out.

"Well, I'm sorry." I spread my arms apologetically but don't move an inch.

"Nah!" He takes a step closer and stops. At this point he can't move forward at all without making contact with me.

"...Okay?" I stand there for a good ten seconds with my arms out just staring at this dude's eyes less than an inch from my face. Nothing happens, so I turn back to the handcart and start walking the first package up the driveway. He kind up hurried ahead of me to go up the steps and to the door. I got his first package to him, said"3 to go." Went back to the truck and repeat. Got to the last package, handed this one directly to him and told him to have a good one. He said "You, too."

------

Now... I don't even have a question really other than what the *???

*Edited a couple times because * you, it's my story and it's going to sound how I want it to sound
Well if he didn't call you a lame, punk or b!**h then it wouldn't be necessary to poke holes in him. He should have offered you some soups for not taking off on him tho /sarcasm

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Couple years back I left a bagged package on a guys porch in a downpour. FedEx left a fancy crockpot not bagged, completely ruined outside of the garage. I get a couple blocks down the road and a guy in a jeep flies down the road, locks his brakes and blocks my truck in and runs up on me while I’m walking a stop off. “Hey a**hole you think you can leave my smilet in the rain? I got you on camera!” I snapped and told him to get the * out of my face or I’ll knock your ass out. He backed up a couple steps and he went on and on about seeing me on his ring camera leave his crockpot out in the rain and kept calling me a *ing a**hole. I said something alone the lines of you’re stupid, I rang your doorbell no * you saw me leave that BAGGED package on your porch, do you have a doorbell at your garage? I didn’t deliver your crockpot go look at the label and see FedEx on it. The owner of the house who’s driveway this was all taking place in came out and told the guy to get lost. I really thought we were gonna duke it out right then and there. He left and nothing came of it. About two weeks later I was there with another delivery and he came out and apologized to me. After that went down I started carrying a knife. Don’t hesitate to tell your sup there’s a volatile or unstable costumer at an address and you’re not delivering there anymore. Not worth the trouble. That guy would have had my job had he called and repeated what I said to him even though he was completely in the wrong.
I had something similar happen, but it involved property damage. Stupid housewife said she saw me do it. Husband thought it might be a good idea to check the camera footage after a lengthy confrontation, and... surprise surprise... it was a fellow dressed in purple.

takesteady

Drug laws are BS, especially weed. They bust people’s balls like recreational users and OP meanwhile the CIA trafficked huge amounts of blow into the country to fund fascist death squads in Latin America. Never mind the fact that the government has no business telling people what they are allowed to put into their own body.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
*side-note: How do you go about making a problematic stop like this w/c? Talk to the OMS when you get back to the building? Can a 22.4/cover driver even pull those strings?
Talk to anyone who will listen. Oms, on car, center manager, steward. Just get it done. Not worth risking your life/job over a package

Est.1998

That’s easy. You park in front of their house, scan the package, sheet as will call, and drive away.
That doesn't always work.
Customer counter calls the customer, customer states they didn't request will call, the next day the pkg is back on your truck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That doesn't always work.
Customer counter calls the customer, customer states they didn't request will call, the next day the pkg is back on your truck.
Then you explain the customer is a psycho and you don’t feel safe going on his property
Put it back on will call
Rinse and repeat as many times as it takes

Cowboy Mac

Then you explain the customer is a psycho and you don’t feel safe going on his property
Put it back on will call
Rinse and repeat as many times as it takes
Exactly. Once I had a stop in the country. As I’m tying the DR bag to their open gate, 3 aggressive dogs come at me. I had to crack 2 of them in the head with the diad while the owner watched and refused to control his animals.

I managed to get back to the truck without being bitten, and the guy says “Don’t come back!” I said “Not a problem, brother”. Now he drives 40 minutes to go pick up his packages at the building.

5RoutesAWeek

This sounds like the leadup to the crazy dude that showed up at our facility the other day. Told me he could smell his package on my car. Tried to rip a different driver's bulkhead open, and ended up pretending to be a driver before cops and managers ran him off.

Spanky250

Exactly. Once I had a stop in the country. As I’m tying the DR bag to their open gate, 3 aggressive dogs come at me. I had to crack 2 of them in the head with the diad while the owner watched and refused to control his animals.

I managed to get back to the truck without being bitten, and the guy says “Don’t come back!” I said “Not a problem, brother”. Now he drives 40 minutes to go pick up his packages at the building.

Had a lady's dogs start attacking me, I was yelling at them and swinging the DIAD at then as I was backing into the package car. The lady comes out and starts yelling at me for yelling at her dogs. She's been on permanent will-call ever since.