stress free

jaker

trolling
Top pay at UPS is NOT a lot of money. What world do you guys live in? My mortgage is over 3000 a month not including utilities. I lost my job a few years back when the housing industry pretty much shut down. I was making 120k a year and living a conformable life but by no means loaded. I don't have kids and my GF that was living with me made 60k and helped out with the bills. I just started with UPS as seasonal driver and all I hear about is how good the money is at top pay. Its definitely enough to live a comfortable life but working from 9 to 9 daily doesn't give you much time to live. My younger brother makes 450k a year and my sister 140k. my mom makes around 145K. I guess being around people with money gives me a different perspective. UPS money is def better than no money so I show up everyday until something better comes along. The only reason i haven't quit has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with my Sup trying to get me to quit. Its a challenge for me to come in everyday under time just to see the look on his face. The only problem is no matter how good my time is I sill have to hear about my high idle time or not calling in a missload on time. Congrats to the OP in finding a stress free job. I had one for 10 years and I am sure I will find one again, until then I will lose another 20lbs running my butt off.
The funny part after all that money you and you wife made you are temp seasonal driver , should have went left instead of right

maybe after you slum it down with us poor folks you will get a better perspective of what life is about

and I don't have a issue so much with you , but for you to come on here and bash our pay ( even trough you work here to now to temporally ) and bring up what your family make was really pointless

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Dude, you live in a completely different world from the vast majority of people. The median HOUSEHOLD income in the US is around $50K. That's all working people in the household combined.

UPS drivers are in the TOP 13% of income earners in the US. That's pretty damn good for a blue collar job that doesn't require a degree. Only 7% of Americans earn over $100K. I can't imagine what kind of home you have to have a $3000 mortgage. That's nuts. My mortgage is $1145 and it's a 1900 sq/ft 5 bedroom home. I assume you're living in one of the most affluent areas in the country?

36% of individuals make $25-50K a year.
35% of individuals make less than $25K a year. Try living off that!
Good one JL. Some people just don't see the reality of what people in this country make nowadays. Its the new way of the country. Try going somewhere and make what we make without a college degree. Im not saying its not possible but it could be. Theres a lot of people that are envious of what we make, and some of those people unfortunately are not as fortunate as us. Does the job suck, yeah in a lot of ways including the hours. But at the same time the job is stable and its not going anywhere. Good pay, good benefits and pension. Not going to find that in the new America. Got news for people the whole the country is in a dire state, its going to be around for the next 10 to 15 years at least. That's the reality of the situation. The country is maxed out in almost every aspect of it.

B

bowflex

I have a college degree and still have a temp job with UPS. try reading the post. Its not a LOT of money but it is decent money and better than no money. Bash the pay? I tell people where I work and have no pride issues. I wear my brown after work when I hit the grocery store. If anything I respect the hard work the guys at mu hub do on a daily. I simply stated Top pay is not a ton of money and it isn't.

B

bowflex

Hey Johney you assume what? haha your avatar says it all. BTW talk is cheap. Google my name and it shows the company I worked for making that money. Google your name what do I get? a picture of a pig? anyway 3000/ month is nothing when your household income is 180k plus. when It drops you downsize. I wore my brown proud today after working 10 hrs I went shopping in my uniform. It doesn't bother me that I don't make decent money anymore. I wanted to try something different before I go back and get my masters. watching the UPS drivers in my area it looked like a decent/fun job. Now that I have been at it for a few weeks ... my hat is off to anyone that can do this full time for years on end.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey Johney you assume what? haha your avatar says it all. BTW talk is cheap. Google my name and it shows the company I worked for making that money. Google your name what do I get? a picture of a pig? anyway 3000/ month is nothing when your household income is 180k plus. when It drops you downsize. I wore my brown proud today after working 10 hrs I went shopping in my uniform. It doesn't bother me that I don't make decent money anymore. I wanted to try something different before I go back and get my masters. watching the UPS drivers in my area it looked like a decent/fun job. Now that I have been at it for a few weeks ... my hat is off to anyone that can do this full time for years on end.

The potential to make $100,000 a year without a college degree? Yeah, that's some pretty terrible cash.

Go get your masters, live in your $3000.00 a month mortgage payment, run around in your S class Mercedes, nobody here will give a damn

JL 0513

BTW, a $3000 mortgage translates into roughly a $475,000 house (no down payment, 30 year, 5% rate). He likely put a good down payment down so it's probably an even higher value home than that.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Dumbells all the way. Cant cheat with your form which is more important than the amount of weight you lift. I got a smith machine which I absolutely love. You can do so much with it its unbelievable.