Strike pay and Insurance

I am getting the word out to prepare, With management no vacations end of july and non in August, UPS letting some customers know already that we maybe on strike, look what our CEO did with UPS Freight when she cleaned out the system before the contract vote, she wants to be better smaller not bigger,(i agree dumb) last contract vote some reason our union pushed so hard for a yes vote and then they shoved it through even tho it was turned down. They clearly didnt want to put up a fight at all at that time.
Well we have different leadership this time

Save your money that's all

Thebrownblob

I am getting the word out to prepare, With management no vacations end of july and non in August, UPS letting some customers know already that we maybe on strike, look what our CEO did with UPS Freight when she cleaned out the system before the contract vote, she wants to be better smaller not bigger,(i agree dumb) last contract vote some reason our union pushed so hard for a yes vote and then they shoved it through even tho it was turned down. They clearly didnt want to put up a fight at all at that time.
. UPS freight was already dead Man walking and the step child of the company. The unit was sold shortly after that.

542thruNthru

. UPS freight was already dead Man walking and the step child of the company. The unit was sold shortly after that.
Also to my knowledge the vote fell on the slowest time if year for freight so it was easy to clear the system and layoff a ton of people.

Thebrownblob

that part is true and I wonder why? after upgrading and re-branding etc all the equipment they sold it less than bought originally i hear. Our sales team where happy when we bought Overnite so now they could go into a shipper and be able to move everything. This better not bigger isnt the way to go.
Because the freight industry is not a cash cow and UPS tried to run it like a package division, disaster ensued.

that part is true and I wonder why? after upgrading and re-branding etc all the equipment they sold it less than bought originally i hear. Our sales team where happy when we bought Overnite so now they could go into a shipper and be able to move everything. This better not bigger isnt the way to go.
I believe they paid $1.2 billion dollars and sold them for $800 million

Thebrownblob

Also, interesting is the amount of shipments I get on my route that would’ve otherwise been palletized and sent through freight now coming through small package. Had a shipper shipping 80 large packages going to the same place. Casually asked him why they wouldn’t ship it through a freight company. He said it was actually not much more expensive to ship with us and will get there faster.

UPSmechanicinblue

Because the freight industry is not a cash cow and UPS tried to run it like a package division, disaster ensued.
they almost went with Werner express freight in 2018 they are up to something, all new package cars now have hitches and are almost trailer ready I did hear they want to get into bigger items like couches etc they maybe just want to outsource the freight side if ever implemented