Struggling new driver looking for advice

Dumbo

Just saw that you are seasonal so the qualifying thing doesn't apply. Qualifying or graduating is basically when you are officially in the union and past your probation as a permanent driver.

Somebody above mentioned one stop at a time, and that really helps also. Have a general idea of your next couple stops but try to memorize the last 3 numbers of your next address and the HIN. Just keep repeating it to yourself out loud until you arrive, when you grab the package know where your next stops package is.

JackStraw

You're coming in an hour early to groom your load and are still 1-2 hours over with 90 stops? Either they are telling you that so you can work faster and make them look better or you might want to look elsewhere.

IESucks

I am a new driver hired on a few weeks ago, went to driver school, rode with a ORS for a few days and now on my own. I am struggling with being over allowed time by about 2 hours per day after 5 days solo.

Route has been around 90 stops, (supposed to be 7 hours) 35-40 commercial with stores like Walmart, Target, Lowes, Party City, etc. These stops generally have 15-50 packages each. The high was 78 packages for one stop yesterday. The rest are typical residential. I know the area well, have driven the route the last two weekends in my car to perfect my knowledge of it, and am working as hard and fast as I can. I have been coming in an hour early to go through the load but I am still struggling. I have the in and out of car methods down pretty well but still improving. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get faster?

Thank you!
Experience