Student walkouts

F

Frankie's Friend

The thing is, you gotta accept the fact that men and women are NOT equal and never will be. They are a liability on the front line and just get better men killed.

The "fair" thing would be to have extra rights and authorities that come with the the obligation of registering for the draft and being responsible for the defense of a nation. Like voting.
Think with creativity dude, we can use them as decoys.
20180314_232658.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well the evening news did show some kids marching on Beacon Hill today .
Tv stations showed them going into the State House via the Gen. Hooker entrance .
Massachusetts already has some of the toughest gun laws in the state, but students say more needs to be done, specifically mentioning getting illegal guns off the streets and removing weapons from the mentally ill by a judge's order .

El Correcto

god is dead
Lots of hostility here, I guess my question is why do any of you care what these HS’rs do?

(No, they’re not CNN operatives, that’s absurd for so many reasons).

Who knows how long this movement will last, but have y’all forgotten being 15/16/17?

I was a stubborn SOB when I was 16...these ‘kids’ will be voting soon.

One student protester summed it up quite nicely:

“If the adults are going to act like children, then it’s time for the children to act like adults”...

Americans excercising their First Amendment right, the HORROR!
I haven’t forgotten being a teenager. I also havent forgotten how most my teachers were far left loonies. One went as far as to pass out a paper in history detailing the good Castro did in Cuba. I showed it to a second generation Cuban teacher’s aide we both had a good laugh about it.

Yep. I couldn't imagine being a student today and having to worry some angry 18 year old walking in at any moment and killing everybody in my classroom within moments. Just wasn't something I ever thought about when I was in school. I'd be angry as :censored2: if that were a daily part of my mandatory education.
Eventually everyone will be doing Cyber school.

BrownArmy

I haven’t forgotten being a teenager. I also havent forgotten how most my teachers were far left loonies. One went as far as to pass out a paper in history detailing the good Castro did in Cuba. I showed it to a second generation Cuban teacher’s aide we both had a good laugh about it.

BS.

F

Frankie's Friend

Back when i was in HS the shooter wouldve been peppered with throwing stars from the metal shop boys and a farm kid wouldve got his 30/06 out of his pickup truck and returned fire.
Shouldve banned assault weapons after they killed dillinger if they wanted this carnage stopped. Better yet, evrry time a parent tells their child they are worthless and they wish theyd never been born the parent should at the least be charged with corrupting a minor. Lets stop this violence where it starts. At home. If they have one.

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
And then tax payer money can finally go to teaching kids real science and history like how the universe is 5000 years old and man and dinosaur existed at the same time.
I'm all for educating. I'm not a fan of hers for multiple reasons. As a mother of 3 children who have/are currently receiving SpEd...I just don't have a lot of faith in someone who thinks that the States should decide without intervention from Fed what is best for those students. That's not to say I don't have my gripes about how the system is currently managed, I've dealt with it for about 15 years and it hasn't been pretty. I suppose only time will tell what is to come...

oldngray

nowhere special
The one could start by learning that you can see better inside without sunglasses.

Did you see where the kid in a Minnesota school got hauled away in a police car for carrying a sign that said “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” ?

Apparently free speech doesn't apply for some.

MeLlamoMud

I'm going to disappoint you.
The one could start by learning that you can see better inside without sunglasses.
Lol. My daughter has to wear dark tint glasses and a hat in order to participate in most settings. The kid in the photo is probably wearing it just because...but the dark glasses do not impede learning. Just throwing that out there...

rod

Retired 22 years
Did you see where the kid in a Minnesota school got hauled away in a police car for carrying a sign that said “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” ?

Apparently free speech doesn't apply for some.

I missed that story. Where was that? I'm guessing there is more to the story than just carrying a sign.