Student walkouts

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Cuckservatives and I might agree on like two things. They were never on my side.

Well since we've degraded into name calling, this debate is over.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hmm. I'm not sure then.
He may have had special circumstances, though, which is why I didn't say that was the official age limit. According to stars and stripes:
"The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34 and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit."
My buddy had law enforcement background, was going into intelligence, and was being deployed to downtown Baghdad the minute his training was complete. So I think he was an exception to Army Policy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The responsibility of a nation's defense and security is all it takes. Tell me, what do you think a better alternative would be for appropriate rights and authorities that come with bearing this obligation?

I think defending the country and bearing the burden of keeping it populated are pretty even as far as responsibilities go. Certain segments of our society get so wrapped up in "equality" that they ignore the biological realities. If we treated child bearing women with the same respect and admiration as soldiers, equality wouldn't be such a hang up.

The fact is that from about the time of Vietnam until about 9/11, it was politically expedient to despise the military. Now that serving is in fashion, everyone should be allowed to do it, unless you have an IQ under 83.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How about the right to free healthcare and pension for life if you serve on the battlefield, regardless of how much time served?

I have zero issue with quality healthcare for injuries received during service, as well as some other benefits that are not available to the general public (GI Bill, VA loans, etc). And you might even be able to talk me into extra benefits (maybe some monthly stipend?) for those who earned valor or honor medals on the battlefield. But no one should rest on their laurels for a few months worth of work. Everyone who is capable of carrying their own weight really ought to.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s painful to watch schools turn these children into sheep and herd them out for the media to push an agenda with.

We need school vouchers ASAP so parents don’t have to put up with this.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
March 14, 2018

The national walkout movement, originally scheduled to take place today in MA is being delayed by our recent blizzard.

It is our understanding that these protests will take place at a new date at schools across the commonwealth.

If your child is a student at a school that is participating, we could use your help.

Please go to school and document the walkout (video is by far the best), what's being said, what the signs say, and what teachers/faculty/guests are saying.

If you see anything indicating that these walkouts are pushing an anti civil rights agenda, please email us information.

Please document time, date, place, get as much information as you can.

Please email the information to [email protected]

Thank you.

GOAL ( Gun Owners Action League )

MAKAVELI

It’s painful to watch schools turn these children into sheep and herd them out for the media to push an agenda with.

We need school vouchers ASAP so parents don’t have to put up with this.
Dear lord, nobody's pushing these kids to do anything. They are of Free Will and mind just like the kids in the 60s during the Civil Rights era.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think defending the country and bearing the burden of keeping it populated are pretty even as far as responsibilities go.
Well, they really aren't. And most aren't doing it anyway. That's why our birth rate is in the :censored2:ter.

It's cool we can reread Starship Troopers for a more detailed argument. Added bonus, space bugs.
Not sure how much detail you'd need. It's not a complex argument.

newfie

Dear lord, nobody's pushing these kids to do anything. They are of Free Will and mind just like the kids in the 60s during the Civil Rights era.

haha that's rich . you have the schools pushing them out the doors, politicians transporting them and CNN giving them the opportunity to provide rehearsed commentary. nope its all free will here.