Student walkouts

rod

Retired 22 years
I think you can be called up in the draft up to age 34 if you are registered.

According to Google right now you can be called up for the draft if you are between 18-26. Don't breathe a sigh of relief if you are 27 though because according to Google during WWII men were elligable for the draft between 18 and 60 and men as old as 45 were drafted. I think I'm finally safe.

MAKAVELI

haha that's rich . you have the schools pushing them out the doors, politicians transporting them and CNN giving them the opportunity to provide rehearsed commentary. nope its all free will here.
Don't like it move to North Korea. These kids are from one of the most conservative states in the country and and then they choose to speak up for what they believe in. It's just too damn bad you don't like what they say.

trickpony1

Don't like it move to North Korea. These kids are from one of the most conservative states in the country and and then they choose to speak up for what they believe in. It's just too damn bad you don't like what they say.

Yup...you're right. They are kids who haven't had their nose rubbed in "life" and had to deal with and endure life's experiences. Maybe they need some kids from Australia to tell them why they shouldn't give up their guns.

These kids believe in whatever their friends, homies, besties and buddies tell them to believe in. Monkey see, monkey do.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well, they really aren't. And most aren't doing it anyway. That's why our birth rate is in the :censored2:ter.

It's subjective, sure, but the equality issue wouldn't have nearly the emotional weight behind it if we treated them with the same respect. And I said child-bearing women specifically to omit women who don't bear children.

MAKAVELI

Yup...you're right. They are kids who haven't had their nose rubbed in "life" and had to deal with and endure life's experiences. Maybe they need some kids from Australia to tell them why they shouldn't give up their guns.

These kids believe in whatever their friends, homies, besties and buddies tell them to believe in. Monkey see, monkey do.
Nose rubbed in life? I think experiencing a mass shooting where 17 of their peers lost their life qualifies as having their nose rubbed in life. Geezus, where do you cuckservatives come up with this crap?

newfie

that was a silly response. I corrected your point that it was free will. it is anything but. your response is to apparently send anyone who disagrees with you to north korea. #typicalsnowflakeresponse.

BrownArmy

Lots of hostility here, I guess my question is why do any of you care what these HS’rs do?

(No, they’re not CNN operatives, that’s absurd for so many reasons).

Who knows how long this movement will last, but have y’all forgotten being 15/16/17?

I was a stubborn SOB when I was 16...these ‘kids’ will be voting soon.

One student protester summed it up quite nicely:

“If the adults are going to act like children, then it’s time for the children to act like adults”...

Americans excercising their First Amendment right, the HORROR!

newfie

I find it hard to believe anyone watched them or that we are talking about them.
I don't know what they said nor do I care.

lot of what I saw was students using the same rehearsed jargon used in other liberal protests.
white liberals like to use groups like blacks and Hispanics to further their liberal agenda. these kids are the latest tools.

Box Ox

Why don't they really do something to stop violence? Maybe quit picking on kids and maybe this problem wouldn't happen so much.

Yep. I couldn't imagine being a student today and having to worry some angry 18 year old walking in at any moment and killing everybody in my classroom within moments. Just wasn't something I ever thought about when I was in school. I'd be angry as :censored2: if that were a daily part of my mandatory education.