Sunday chat

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Sunday evening chat

Satellite.....at 7:00 Pacific, I didn't find anyone there either. I checked back close to 8:00 and there were about 7 of us in there. Sorry to miss you. Try again next week.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

I think that tonight is a good night for a chat. I'll be there around 6:30 pm pacific. Feel free to start without me.

I'm especially interested in chatting with anyone involved with the campaign to take down this website.
:lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward

I think that tonight is a good night for a chat. I'll be there around 6:30 pm pacific. Feel free to start without me.

I'm especially interested in chatting with anyone involved with the campaign to take down this website.
:lol:
Cheryl if you are aware of who is trying to take down this site, ban them, or if we are being over run by new posters maybe put on a couple extra temporary moderators through the contract signing, like seasonal peak hires. It sure beats posting old union bashing, and anti union articles like you have been today. I thought you had no preference one way or the other union or management, but it sure seems anti union today, just my opinion.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Red, you're kidding... at any time have I ever stifled anyone from expressing any opinion anywhere on this forum if it was expressed without vulgarity or personal attacks? So now you are scolding me for expressing an opinion because it's different from yours?

I'm not a robot, I definitely have an opinon about the contract. My opinon: we don't yet know enough about it to get all crazy and polarized like so many people are doing here.

When I found out that there was an organized effort to use this forum to represent one side of an issue that has not yet been fully disclosed to the public it really ticked me off.

If an organized group of people used the forum to overwhelmingly present a view point that differed from yours and I tried to balance the information by posting articles that agreed with your viewpoint would you still be accusing me of being biased?

I'm not banning anyone for expressing their opinion here, even if their intentions were to do it unfairly. Information is power, the more of it we can present the better off everyone here will be.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Red, you're kidding... at any time have I ever stifled anyone from expressing any opinion anywhere on this forum if it was expressed without vulgarity or personal attacks? So now you are scolding me for expressing an opinion because it's different from yours?

I'm not a robot, I definitely have an opinon about the contract. My opinon: we don't yet know enough about it to get all crazy and polarized like so many people are doing here.

When I found out that there was an organized effort to use this forum to represent one side of an issue that has not yet been fully disclosed to the public it really ticked me off.

If an organized group of people used the forum to overwhelmingly present a view point that differed from yours and I tried to balance the information by posting articles that agreed with your viewpoint would you still be accusing me of being biased?

I'm not banning anyone for expressing their opinion here, even if their intentions were to do it unfairly. Information is power, the more of it we can present the better off everyone here will be.

Cheryl as the creator and administrator of this site dont you think its unfair for you to push an anti-union stance as you have with these 4 or 5 threads you have started. I understand that you take it to heart when you hear of so called conspiracies against this site because this is your baby and we thank you for it. But i feel that your reacting out of anger and your believe it or not your opinion here really matters to most of us and it could sway people one way or the other.

If we have people trolling here over this contract and invading our community than they should be banned, because we dont need their ideas or opinions. Many here have learned who the stand up posters are and we might not agree with them on this issue or others, we do respect their thoughts.

I understand that this is your site and im not one for holding back my opinion on anyone ever, and im not swaying away because its you, but cheryl yoiu have to see where im coming from> Right?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

I understand that this is your site and im not one for holding back my opinion on anyone ever, and im not swaying away because its you, but cheryl yoiu have to see where im coming from> Right?
I understand your concern but believe it is colored by your own bias. I didn't see you questioning the agenda of any of the posters that agreed with your point of view. I also didn't get any complaints from you a few days ago when I posted links to the threads from the past which were mostly pro union.

This is a complex issue. The more information we can make available from as many different viewpoints the better.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I understand your concern but believe it is colored by your own bias. I didn't see you questioning the agenda of any of the posters that agreed with your point of view. I also didn't get any complaints from you a few days ago when I posted links to the threads from the past which were mostly pro union.

This is a complex issue. The more information we can make available from as many different viewpoints the better.
Cheryl the posts from the last week were updates on the contract, this year, this week. They wernt scare tactics from 97,98 and so on.

Also they were posters, not the site administrator! There is a difference. This is all im saying, like i have said in the past, sometimes we have to agree to disagree, and this is something that we will disagree on.

Im done, i have said my piece, and i have no plan on feuding with cheryl on this, just had to speak my mind!

alister

"When we disarm honest, law-abiding citizens, we contribute to empowering criminals and endangering society-at-large" - Washington, DC police on a proposed gun ban

yes over9five, if there was just one off duty cop with a gun, this situation in Wisconsin, maybe things would have turn out differently. oh, what a minute, there was and he was the one that killed the 6 innocents. go figure.

sorry for hijacking the thread.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Its alright if you can't type fast, I don't either. Typos are Okay, we can usually figure out what you mean! Very interesting things happen there.........:thumbup1:

poozer2000

would love to join you folks one evening but due to time difference across the pond I am gonna be sound asleep perhaps one day you folks could have a morning afternoon chat so you could get to know some of us brit boys better.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Hey Poozer,

Welcome to the Browncafe!

I think that having an international chat would be a good idea. Afterall, UPS is a worldwide company.

We can stick with the same day, Sunday if that works for you because most of us are off from work.

Say..10am eastern, I think that would be 4pm your time if I have my time zones right..

What does everyone think?

W

westsideworma

Hey Poozer,

I think that having an international chat would be a good idea. Afterall, UPS is a worldwide company.

We can stick with the same day, Sunday if that works for you because most of us are off from work.

Say..10am eastern, I think that would be 4pm your time if I have my time zones right..

I'm game i'll be here watching football anyways haha

poozer2000

Thanks guys this would be great perhaps we could sort something out for next week end ?? maybe 6pm (gmt) this would allow east and west coasts to attend and maybe our european partners to attend

Have been watching and reading posts for a while now and although we all work for the same co. You folks seem to do things a lot differently including the football !!!!!

DS

Fenderbender

Hey Poozer,

I'm all for it but from what I can tell Poozer is 7 hours ahead of most of us...if he was on at 4pm his time on Sunday it would be 11PM here

poozer2000

folks
this would be the other way around if i get on line at say 7pm gmt it would be 2pm in NYC noon in Calgary 11am vancouver and LA and 8pm in central europe
so i am sure we can sort something out soon
cheers

DS

Fenderbender

OK poozer but can you hang in there till 11pm your time?
That would make it 6PM here and 1PM in California....
I`m done my shopping and LA is just waking up:wink: