Sunday Delivery Roll Out

How do you think the Sunday delivery roll out will go?

• Good - No problems

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Bad - Rocky at first, but level out Mid 2020

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Ugly - We’re talking peak 2013 proportions of a disaster

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

drbrownsox

Well, the teams met in Atlanta on Monday. Essentially, we have a 3 month timeframe to put Sunday delivery in place. Meanwhile, Saturday isn’t right and corporate pillaged the districts for this rollout right before peak. It baffles me why we didn’t announce 7 day until January 2020. I get we need to be aggressive, but we are at the height of peak planning! What’s everyone’s consensus?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Well, the teams met in Atlanta on Monday. Essentially, we have a 3 month timeframe to put Sunday delivery in place. Meanwhile, Saturday isn’t right and corporate pillaged the districts for this rollout right before peak. It baffles me why we didn’t announce 7 day until January 2020. I get we need to be aggressive, but we are at the height of peak planning! What’s everyone’s consensus?
best decesion ups could make

What'dyabringmetoday???

Planning? Lol.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if noel or a certain corp IE manager are involved at all it’ll be a cluster

otherwise who knows might be okay

saturday will be getting a revamp as well as part of this

G

Gsd

Lots of projects coming down the pipeline with no regard for those who are tasked to make it work. Another good MIP would help with the anxiety of doing five things at one time and some of them not as good as you would like.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
if noel or a certain corp IE manager are involved at all it’ll be a cluster

otherwise who knows might be okay

saturday will be getting a revamp as well as part of this

Did you miss NM retired August 1..if that is who you are referring too.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The height of peak planning doesn't start until November 27

This is the day when hours and hours of conference calls, millions of emails come into play and essentially the plan gets crushed on the first day.

I have had several successful peaks the several years under a certain DM but alas he has now retired. I am looking forward to re-inventing the wheel, it has already begun.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Peak planning began right after last peak. If Districts didn't adjust to what is to come after Prime week then they are already in a up hill battle. Here...not enough trucks, DIADs, train service providers, or inside employees.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Peak planning began right after last peak. If Districts didn't adjust to what is to come after Prime week then they are already in a up hill battle. Here...not enough trucks, DIADs, train service providers, or inside employees.
That hiring freeze destroyed any chance of being properly staffed for peak. We are dangerously short staffed for inside employees