Sunday Delivery Roll Out

How do you think the Sunday delivery roll out will go?

• Good - No problems

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Bad - Rocky at first, but level out Mid 2020

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Ugly - We’re talking peak 2013 proportions of a disaster

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

badpal

i agree completely, too bad your union doesn’t

also PVD’s are best in urban areas, the corp planners don’t know wtf they’re talking about

putting PVD’s in rural areas never works out
Out here they put them in areas so remote that thier little cellphone diad thingy couldnt get service.

NTGhost

The height of peak planning doesn't start until November 27
Peak planning? What's that? Can you eat this? We have 365 peak due to willfully understaffing

But for topic: that's so damn typically. And I thought that UPS Germany was terrible. But even Atlanta is that stupid. 7days will be permanent or only during peak?

Last edited:

NTGhost

there was a legit hiring freeze for like two weeks sometime in march(?) but nobody bothered to tell the ops it was up and it was in the midst of all our other cost cutting crap so it never got officially rescinded

coo coo for coco puffs

I can tell you we had feel that freeze for sure. Neuss (our German main office) is very obient if it comes to words from Atlanta.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
putting PVD’s in rural areas never works out

Out here they put them in areas so remote that thier little cellphone diad thingy couldnt get service.

I have such a remote area, my real DIAD thingy doesn't work. My cell has to be turned to airplane mode to conserve battery otherwise it searches for service for hours. Sometimes the center calls random customers to see if I have been there yet because my DIAD shows no movement or activity for a couple of hours. I broke down and it took 4 hours to get a wrecker to me to change a hoof on my donkey because I had no spare.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have such a remote area, my real DIAD thingy doesn't work. My cell has to be turned to airplane mode to conserve battery otherwise it searches for service for hours. Sometimes the center calls random customers to see if I have been there yet because my DIAD shows no movement or activity for a couple of hours. I broke down and it took 4 hours to get a wrecker to me to change a hoof on my donkey because I had no spare.

I had that happen one time waited for hours out in bumfrick for somebody to change a tire

DM goes ape:censored2: and says he wants a spare in every extended route. So they put just the wheel and tire no jack or lug wrench

Mechanic told me no mortal could break those lugnuts loose with a lug wrench anyway

scooby0048

I had that happen one time waited for hours out in bumfrick for somebody to change a tire

DM goes ape:censored2: and says he wants a spare in every extended route. So they put just the wheel and tire no jack or lug wrench

Mechanic told me no mortal could break those lugnuts loose with a lug wrench anyway

They can't, first you have to have a 33mm or 1 5/16 socket and then you will need a 4ft breaker bar with a 200lb guy jumping on the end to break the lugs. They are torqued to 450ft lbs.

And that's not in your job description.
What would happen if you changed a tire and didn't properly tighten the lug nuts?

It would be your head on a stick

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
They can't, first you have to have a 33mm or 1 5/16 socket and then you will need a 4ft breaker bar with a 200lb guy jumping on the end to break the lugs. They are torqued to 450ft lbs.
And a jack, and jack stands. And someone willing to replace their recaps in the first place.

clean hairy

I wonder how long rod had to wait for someone to come out and repair broken wood spokes on his wagon wheels?
I guess it was really rough in his delivery days!

scooby0048

I wonder how long rod had to wait for someone to come out and repair broken wood spokes on his wagon wheels?
I guess it was really rough in his delivery days!
By the time the Pony Express got his message and returned, it was probably a month.

Then another month for the help to get there.