Sup show favoratism

DamageCallTag

Our local sort part time sup lives with one of our new guys (non management) and he is showing a lot of favorism towards him. How should we approach this sittuation? It is making a few people on the local pretty angry.

DamageCallTag

Babies him,,make us pick up his slack b/c he half asses his job. Praises him. Tells us to leave him alone b/c he is getting the trucks unloaded before pull time which by the way only happens b/c the sup helps him by unloading and pulling trucks on and off the belt for him.

over9five

Staff member
Talk to their supervisro
theres a conflict of interest one of them needs to be switched to a diff work area or shift

Won't work. They'll claim that they're being harassed because their gay, and UPS will run away with its tail between its legs.

Seen it happen.

tieguy

Banned
Our local sort part time sup lives with one of our new guys (non management) and he is showing a lot of favorism towards him. How should we approach this sittuation? It is making a few people on the local pretty angry.

Ask the sup if you can move in with them. :happy-very:

talk to the sup if you feel comfortable doing so , or his boss if not. Keep your own opinions out of it and speak for the workgroup. Make them aware of the perception of favoritism. See how they handle it. If nothing improves then you may have to make the 1-800 call to get the issue looked at. His living arrangement is similar to his having a relationship with an employee if it results in favoritism.

Option two would be to take the position that you are there to do a job. Ignore any favoritism that does not violate your seniority rights or other contractual language.

Option two is sometimes a better approach if you are prepared to do so mentally. those who constantly worry about what others are getting tend to be unhappy a lot more then those who do their job and move on.

In fairness to option two you will always see people percieved as being favorites. You will not be able to control all that you see.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Ask the sup if you can move in with them. :happy-very:

talk to the sup if you feel comfortable doing so , or his boss if not. Keep your own opinions out of it and speak for the workgroup. Make them aware of the perception of favoritism. See how they handle it. If nothing improves then you may have to make the 1-800 call to get the issue looked at. His living arrangement is similar to his having a relationship with an employee if it results in favoritism.

Option two would be to take the position that you are there to do a job. Ignore any favoritism that does not violate your seniority rights or other contractual language.

Option two is sometimes a better approach if you are prepared to do so mentally. those who constantly worry about what others are getting tend to be unhappy a lot more then those who do their job and move on.

In fairness to option two you will always see people percieved as being favorites. You will not be able to control all that you see.

it depends on how far this person wants to take it. you could have the hourlies union card pulled (assuming this is a union employee) for fraterizing with management, no?

hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's say a male and female are living in the same house, one is a supervisor. The sup shows favoritism. A complaint is filed, what do you suppose the outcome would be?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's say a male and female are living in the same house, one is a supervisor. The sup shows favoritism. A complaint is filed, what do you suppose the outcome would be?

I would hope that the outcome would result in one or the other being assigned to a different shift.

I would hope that the outcome would result in one or the other being assigned to a different shift.
Actually, that's what I would nope for also, however here at "Big Brown" ya never know. We had a center manager that dated a clerk from the division GO in secrecy for a year or so. When things got serious, she resigned, they became engaged and then married. The center manager still nearly lost his job over it and they were not even in the same building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, that's what I would nope for also, however here at "Big Brown" ya never know. We had a center manager that dated a clerk from the division GO in secrecy for a year or so. When things got serious, she resigned, they became engaged and then married. The center manager still nearly lost his job over it and they were not even in the same building.

I think the difference here would be the degree of influence the center manager could have when compared to that of the PT sup. One of my CMs favorite words is "perception" which I think is applicable in this situation.

I think the difference here would be the degree of influence the center manager could have when compared to that of the PT sup. One of my CMs favorite words is "perception" which I think is applicable in this situation.
In this situation? The one of the OP or the story I told? I agree that in the OP the perception is improper.
I really doubt the amount of influence a center manager could have over a Division GO employees career without bringing about much unwanted attention and questions. But all is well, the center manager is retired and they have a son together and are living happily ever after. everybody say ...awwwwwwwww..

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver

Excellent advice.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Just because they are roommates does not always relate to them being a couple.

I never said anything about them being a couple, someone else did.

Besides fraternizing is not limited to that type of relationship, it simply:

"2. To associate on friendly terms with an enemy or opposing group, often in violation of discipline or orders"

And simply put, any bargaining unit hourly hanging with management outside of work is fraternizing and nt allowed.