Super Bowl Winner?

DS

Fenderbender
I want New orleans to win...
it would mean a lot
FieldMarks01.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Chicago Bears host New Orleans for the NFC title on Sunday. Weather will be a factor. Thanks to sub-freezing conditions on the West Coast, viewers must choose between making a house payment and having avocado dip for the football game.

Dutch Dawg

Hypothetically speaking, If the Colts and Bears were to reach this year's Super Bowl would there still be a need for a national tv broadcast of the game? Wouldn't a regional broadcast satisfy their fan base and then the rest of us could watch something a little more exciting like past Super Bowl highlights? Oh my......

Brownnblue

I lost alot of interest once the NFL started putting commercials after the kickoff.
I was watching a playoff game last year. There was a touchdown, then a whole batch of commercials. Then the kickoff, and another batch of commercials. Then on the first play, there was an injury. More commercials. I threw in the red flag.

browniehound

Hypothetically speaking, If the Colts and Bears were to reach this year's Super Bowl would there still be a need for a national tv broadcast of the game? Wouldn't a regional broadcast satisfy their fan base and then the rest of us could watch something a little more exciting like past Super Bowl highlights? Oh my......

I'm sure you're kidding. The Superbowl is viewed by more than 1 billion people. While that may be the population of a small city in China :wink: it hardly compares to the 10 or so million people in the Chicago and Indy Metro areas:lol:

browniehound

Ya know, I thought about this for the last 5 days. While I keep trying to logically think of reasons while the Colts will win, and there are many reasons why they can, I came to the conclusion that I'm only doing this to soften the blow should the Patriots lose.

But, botton line: are you going to bet against Belichick and Brady? Brady is 12-1 in the playoffs, Belichick 12-2. How many times is it going to take for the Patriots to win with less talent for most people to understand as long as Belichick and Brady are there, the team will be a Superbowl contender?

You see, the Patriots are more talented in the areas that matter most. Head coaching, quarterback, and the "second tier' players. Yes, San Diego's top 5 or 7 players are more talented than the Patriots, but the rest of the Patriot's roster is better than most in the NFL. And that my friends is the formula to win consistently in the salary cap era.

Which brings me to another point. I'm going to start a new thread about Brady and Manning. If it gets moved to another topic look for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brownie....you spent 5 days thinking about football??????

Super Bowl Sunday is just another shopping (sale) day !!! If not shopping, I hope there will be some good movies on.

The best part......the commercials....... will all be shown later on, so I won't miss the real entertainment.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Brownie....you spent 5 days thinking about football??????

Super Bowl Sunday is just another shopping (sale) day !!! If not shopping, I hope there will be some good movies on.

The best part......the commercials....... will all be shown later on, so I won't miss the real entertainment.

Superbowl Sunday is a great day to go shopping. I don't watch football either, too boring. I usually do my income taxes that day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch,
if you think football is boring I'd hate to hear your opinion on baseball:w00t:
I used to love baseball, I went to Braves games before they got hot, they seem to have lost it now. I just got fed up with professional sports in general. Athletes are overpaid and get special treatment, and they don't care for the fans at all. I think they should all be paid the same base salary, get paid bonuses for great plays, and they could keep all the endorsement money the market would pay.

browniehound

Although football is more exciting to watch, baseball is my favorite sport. The difference is I can watch a football game in which I have no rooting interest, yet the only baseball games I can watch are Red Sox.

Scratch, that's an interesting thought about players making the same and earning more based on the big plays they made. Problem is baseball is a business just like UPS and in governed by the rule of capitalism. Which I believe is probably the best system in the world, even though over-paid, whining, A-hole athletes are a product of this system. God bless America.:thumbup1:

loserupser

Two minute Therapist

There's always Haters out there!!!