Supervisor coding option days without my consent

GodlikeRage

I'm having a hard time trying to find something in the Master/local contract that pertains to this specifically but I'm not finding :censored2:. I'm in southern region. Full Time supervisor is all of sudden is trying to force me back to the warehouse when I'm not driving. When I refused, he said he'd use my option days to zero, after which discipline letters to follow. It's kinda weird too because I'm getting Driver pay for my options days, not warehouse pay.

A little backstory, this supervisor was once my on-road actually, but due to, I guess, too many grievances against him, (and he's about to get another one) he was demoted to a warehouse supervisor and replaced by a new on-road. I'm a part time TCD and last year I had easily 200+ reports, I got 2 week vacation this year and I was never sent back to the warehouse, so most days I would drive and that's all I want to do until I'm full time (still waiting for a call). There is possibly one or more days in a week where there may not be enough routes for TCD's so our center manager will usually just send us all home and work us the next day. They may have us on a route the night before but cut the route in the morning, which tells the TCD that technically they don't need to report to Preload because they presume that they are driving the next day. Obviously preload is done and no route is available so when they see they aren't needed they go home. I'm from the twilight shift so even if I don't drive that day that shift doesn't even start until 5 pm. He's texting me like crazy to come in and it's not fair for the other TCD's to go home and I have to come in for 4 hours and make $80.. like no :censored2: that :censored2:..

That's where I'm at, any advice pls? I plan to talk to steward tomorrow btw.

charm299

I'm having a hard time trying to find something in the Master/local contract that pertains to this specifically but I'm not finding :censored2:. I'm in southern region. Full Time supervisor is all of sudden is trying to force me back to the warehouse when I'm not driving. When I refused, he said he'd use my option days to zero, after which discipline letters to follow. It's kinda weird too because I'm getting Driver pay for my options days, not warehouse pay.

A little backstory, this supervisor was once my on-road actually, but due to, I guess, too many grievances against him, (and he's about to get another one) he was demoted to a warehouse supervisor and replaced by a new on-road. I'm a part time TCD and last year I had easily 200+ reports, I got 2 week vacation this year and I was never sent back to the warehouse, so most days I would drive and that's all I want to do until I'm full time (still waiting for a call). There is possibly one or more days in a week where there may not be enough routes for TCD's so our center manager will usually just send us all home and work us the next day. They may have us on a route the night before but cut the route in the morning, which tells the TCD that technically they don't need to report to Preload because they presume that they are driving the next day. Obviously preload is done and no route is available so when they see they aren't needed they go home. I'm from the twilight shift so even if I don't drive that day that shift doesn't even start until 5 pm. He's texting me like crazy to come in and it's not fair for the other TCD's to go home and I have to come in for 4 hours and make $80.. like no :censored2: that :censored2:..

That's where I'm at, any advice pls? I plan to talk to steward tomorrow btw.
You’re supposed to report to your original job if not told you was driving.

GodlikeRage

You’re supposed to report to your original job if not told you was driving.
That doesn’t make sense. Like I explained, If a person from Preload is scheduled to work, as in drive, the next day and suddenly is not driving that day, they obviously can’t report to preload because the shift is over.

Now just because my shift is local sort and it starts in the evening and I didn’t drive that day doesn’t mean I need to show up… because how is it fair to pull me to do that when those guys didn’t work preload? No sir.

That doesn’t make sense. Like I explained, If a person from Preload is scheduled to work, as in drive, the next day and suddenly is not driving that day, they obviously can’t report to preload because the shift is over.

Now just because my shift is local sort and it starts in the evening and I didn’t drive that day doesn’t mean I need to show up… because how is it fair to pull me to do that when those guys didn’t work preload? No sir.
You are complaining that it is not fair because you have the opportunity to work while someone on the preload isn't? I guess you could file a grievance for I don't know what.

GodlikeRage

You are complaining that it is not fair because you have the opportunity to work while someone on the preload isn't? I guess you could file a grievance for I don't know what.
What...? Dude he is using my option days without my consent for the damn warehouse. That’s my complaint. Calling out as a driver is not happening without harassment/option days. I earned those days as a driver. Someone that wants to work preload always has that choice over driving, which idk any TCD in their right mind would rather take that opportunity over driving but.. They at least always have that opportunity to work their original job but that's not I'm talking about here.. and guess what they choose not to work preload, they'd rather show up just to not have a route and go home because they know they recover it the next day 3x over. Reread my post carefully. The supervisor is being a dick because he was literally one the same guys who sent me home when he was an on-road and didn't care whether or not I showed up the local sort. Driving 5 days a week here, I'm not coming into the warehouse.

Last edited:

nWo

Steward is probably going to tell you to go to work. Pretty sure management can hit you with occurrences for not coming in.

GodlikeRage

If
Steward is probably going to tell you to go to work. Pretty sure management can hit you with occurrences for not coming in.
If the steward tells me to go to work then EVERY COVER DRIVER NOT ASSIGNED TO A ROUTE GOES TO WORK. If management hits me with occurrences THEN EVERY COVER DRIVER WHO DOES NOT REPORT TO THEIR SHIFT gets hit. We have 10 TCD's. 9 came from preload, I'm the only one that worked local sort. I'm not busting my ass in trailers all night and these other guys are chilling at home. Am I right or wrong? My attendance is damn near perfect, when I show up to drive, I show up an hour early everyday actually.

YeeYee

1) Are they telling you the day before that you’re driving then telling you that you’re not needed when drivers start?
2) Are you high up on the seniority list for twilight that they can “lay you off in seniority order?”

GodlikeRage

1) Are they telling you the day before that you’re driving then telling you that you’re not needed when drivers start?
2) Are you high up on the seniority list for twilight that they can “lay you off in seniority order?”
1) More like the day of, the day before my name will be next to a route, I come in the morning and it's no longer there, to the side
2) At this point, for what they'd make do like load trailers, there are so many new people doing it now so I'm going to say yes.

YeeYee

If the employee working preload doesn’t end up driving but wants their 3.5 guarantee they are entitled to it if they want it. The supervisor will have to find them something to do in the building.

YeeYee

If you’re scheduled to drive, take a picture of it, report to work to drive. A higher senior driver will gladly take off I’m sure. I could be wrong but pretty sure that if you make it to work to drive and they tell you that you aren’t after you are there, that’s on them. You’re not an on call employee. File, the worst they can do is tell you to report to twilight. Ask for your 8 hour guarantee and a day towards your driving report.

GodlikeRage

If the employee working preload doesn’t end up driving but wants their 3.5 guarantee they are entitled to it if they want it. The supervisor will have to find them something to do in the building.
If they want it right? So, as an employee that works twilight, I should have the option of declining my 3.5 guarantee. They won't have to find me work. The point is not to work in the warehouse, there is literally 0 reason to and it's a shame because as a cover driver, I should barely be driving and working 96% of the time in the warehouse but I've been consistently driving everyday for almost 2 years now. I can't go back. Not to mention we have an entire classification which designed to be a "full time combination" position aka 22.4, yet they're being made to drive everyday 10+ hours for $20 an hour, wonderful.

YeeYee

Yes, if they want their guarantee since they shift has passed. You’re on a different sort so your seniority on twilight comes into play. Our center calls in seniority order from the top down for layoffs “unpaid day off.” If you’re scheduled to drive, show up to drive, if they tell you that you aren’t driving, threaten to file, I’m sure they will put you on the road.

charm299

It don’t matter, those are the rules. I used to have to run air in the morning then show up for sort on days I wasn’t on a route. And my original job was a preloader.

GodlikeRage

It don’t matter, those are the rules. I used to have to run air in the morning then show up for sort on days I wasn’t on a route. And my original job was a preloader.
Well guess what, he can write me up 50 times but as long as my center manager keeps me driving and I’m showing up and I could care less about that honestly.