Supervisor hates new drivers

oldngray

nowhere special
Big feet=32 yrs of jumping in and out of those ovens\ freezers..and not 16s..come on be nice
photos-127-1.jpg

Your retirement gig?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm just messing with you. Wished I worked with you. I would haven't straighten them sups out.
They were beyond help..i wish them the best...as they would have wished me..had i shown up for my retirement acknowlegement..which i did not. Keep your flowers and accolades..they shipped me my lucite whatever it was..threw it in the closet.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wish all drivers could experience the love of the job...the comraderie in the ranks...picnics .golf outings all the stuff that was good about the job. 12 hrs a day at Christmas aka peak and no one even winced...everyone was pumped and proud to be part of an elite team. It got ruined and that is sad. Now its just a great paying job with benefits..and nothing personal at all..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They were beyond help..i wish them the best...as they would have wished me..had i shown up for my retirement acknowlegement..which i did not. Keep your flowers and accolades..they shipped me my lucite whatever it was..threw it in the closet.
haha, that's funny. i never told anyone i was retiring. the center manager wanted to have a retirement thing , usually pizza, soda , or sandwiches etc with a plaque and a big show but I said no.

MrBates

Do Supervisors hate new drivers? I've been a driver for a while now and it seems like our sup has a hard on for all the newer drivers.

Everybody goes thru it. They want to get the most out of you before you get jaded and get ideas on how to work "safer" from the seasoned drivers. At our building they even went as far as scheduling later start times for newbies to keep them separated.

Best advice I ever got....once you qualify just go at a pace that's consistent, steady, and comfortable for you. Let them yell all they want, they can't do jack as long as your working safe using the methods. After a while they will adjust your stop count in your favor and then they'll forget about you when the new batch of guys qualify.

Well our sup has a hard on for all is younger drivers. Yell and aware at us but not the older ones. Hell even came on road to finish a conversation a few times that's a real treat.
Wondering if it ends or they just get over it.