Supervisor hates new drivers

35years

Gravy route
Just make sure you are not more under allowed every day they tell at you. They are trying to get your adrenaline going by yelling at you,or they think you can be intimidated into working faster.

Ignore them. Do your job safely and correctly. If they see that the yelling affects you they will continue.

You do realize they are trained to do this.
It is an intentional strategy.

Learn to win the game by not playing their game. Think of them as self serving temporary employees, which for the most part they are. You are the professional. Ignore their games.

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
I wish all drivers could experience the love of the job...the comraderie in the ranks...picnics .golf outings all the stuff that was good about the job. 12 hrs a day at Christmas aka peak and no one even winced...everyone was pumped and proud to be part of an elite team. It got ruined and that is sad. Now its just a great paying job with benefits..and nothing personal at all..
3 years ago we had an OMS that was retiring after 36 years. All the sups knew a month beforehand. Everyone but our FT sup loved her. Hard worker, straight shooter, etc. We have become family. None of the sups ordered her award. Her last day arrived and I told our PT sup to say a little something at the PCM. He said no PCM today. He was too afraid to slow down the sort. I looked at him and then turned off the belt and yelled PCM!! Another driver and I said some nice things about her and wished her well. This place is sad.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
3 years ago we had an OMS that was retiring after 36 years. All the sups knew a month beforehand. Everyone but our FT sup loved her. Hard worker, straight shooter, etc. We have become family. None of the sups ordered her award. Her last day arrived and I told our PT sup to say a little something at the PCM. He said no PCM today. He was too afraid to slow down the sort. I looked at him and then turned off the belt and yelled PCM!! Another driver and I said some nice things about her and wished her well. This place is sad.
I got my revenge on a daily basis by working by the book and getting more overtime. i called it the 'Harassment tax ." Now I get it by collecting a pension check for the next FIFTY YEARS.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Well our sup has a hard on for all is younger drivers. Yell and aware at us but not the older ones. Hell even came on road to finish a conversation a few times that's a real treat.
Wondering if it ends or they just get over it.

Hang in there and they will move on to someone else, most likely the flock of 22.4 drivers that will be landing at a UPS center near you. They rode my ass for awhile until a new batch of drivers qualified and now management spends most of the time chasing them around. Learn to give no more than 65% every day you show up. Smooth, steady and safe. Keep your head down and fade into the middle of the pack so no one notices you.

Pretend management doesn't exist and condition them to forget that you exist. I haven't said a word to my supervisor in 2 months.

MrBates

Keep your head down and fade into the middle of the pack so no one notices you.

Pretend management doesn't exist and condition them to forget that you exist. I haven't said a word to my supervisor in 2 months.

I can totally relate to this. I have my walk from the parking lot timed perfectly so I can waltz right in, grab the diad, fade into the sea of teamsters just as PCM starts, then hop in my truck and go. Only God knows when the last time I talked to a supe.

I learned very early that conversations with management should always be on the clock.

ManInBrown

Fresh meat. Anyone with the slightest bit of backbone who has been a driver for any length of time lets all their BS go in one ear and out the other.