Supervisors Bullying Me

18wheelbrownie

i must be a mouse. im just going to give 100% in finding another job. i've seen to many people ****ed over by this company. i dont want to work there for like 10-20 years and then get ****ed over and have to restart. id rather get a job where i can move up and dont have to worry about being treated like a peice of ****.
bingo, the light came on!!!!!!!!
this is what i tell any parttimer, if your not going to college, go get a cdl , this way you have an advantage, the cdl school will teach you all classes , a,b,c, endorse you for buses!!!! why bust your butt for some sup, who should be flipping hamburgers and for 8 or 9 bucks an hr!!!!!!!! cdl school could take maybe 2 monthes , not really sure of this because i was taught by ups for feeders.do the parttime till you complete the school , so you have cash in your pocket. some companies will pay for your tuition reimbursement , as long as you stay with them for a certain amount of time...:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

W

Wilberforce18

Holy cow, I will never, ever, ever understand preload unloaders complaining.

The average in my section of unload/sort-aisle at our hub on midnight is 25-35 minutes for a drop frame, and no more than 50 minutes for a slam-full 53-footer.

During peak, most of our midnight unloaders pulled double-shifts unloading on preload, and every one of us were yelled at by supervisors to slow down - none of the sorters could take it.

So, we eventually learned to soak up the easy money on the preload double-shift, and go half-speed.....which was still faster than any regular preloader they had.

Whenever someone's feeling badly, but comes in anyway, they'll say "I'm sick and wanna go home, but I think I can do preload pace."

And, yes, labels up, hand-to-surface, using unload stands.

It's a hard job. Get over it. I've only met a few people who were genuinely incapable of getting to the average pace for our unload. And they come close because they try very hard. Do it to the best of your ability, or shut up and go home.

LKLND3380

my supervisors say that since i use to unload trailers in 50 minutes, that i have to do that from now on. everyone else takes about 70-80 minutes per trailer. they tell everyone else that 60 minutes is the goal time.

im part of the union.

they also are moving non-union workers into the preload and saying that i dont do well enough in the preload. i've never had more than one week to work any of the pulls in the preload.

what can i do?

we have a guy who knocked out three trailers in a hour... His incentive/reward was a $70 jacket from Corporate Express. Normally he does two an hour...

Never mind that he is taking work/time away from others... He just wants to come in and get out.... They should send him home after two hours and say "You did five hours worth of work... Thank You" Then when he only has ten hours for the week maybe he will understand... But Union says 3.5 hours minimum...

WORK TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY - WORK SAFE...
use hand to surface methods
labels up
orientation arrows up
ALL over 70s MUST be handled by TWO BARGAINING UNIT employees
maintain a clear walk path

LKLND3380

by 40' ers, do you mean 40 year olders, lol. if so, then yes, they are all probley in there 40's. why does ups hire 40 year old rejects as supervisors?

they made me unload all today and i did each trailer in 1 hour and 30 minutes, lmao. AND, when this superviser replace my sorter, i purposely sped up and kept pushing the boxes as hard as i could when she went to grab them, lol. she got so pissed and i heard her later say that 'something' really pissed her off.

can i purposely get a job in the preload just to mess up and make their lives hell? if so, how long do they have to keep me down there?

thanks.

How long did this supe sort you? You can file a grivence for taking work away from an hourly...

LKLND3380

Tell him/her that you are doing the best you can, and working safely.
There are no time standards when it comes to unloading.
Ask him/her to demonstrate for 2 trailers, make sure not to touch a single package while he is "training" you.

There are no time standards? We have a part time supe in the unload that will sit with a stopwatch (cell phone) and count how many packages you are putting out... Then tell you to speed up...

LKLND3380

alright, yesturday i went to the center manager and told him that i want to be a sorter(i dont think they'll let me be in the pre-load but not that i think about it, they haven't really trained me fully on it)...but he said that he'll talk to my supervisor...

today, im unloading trailers again. i was told by the center manager, unload supervisor, and another supervisor that they want me to unload trailers in 60 minutes for a while to prove something(they never even said what, lol) to them and then they'll consider moving me to the pre-load or give me the sorter position.

can they actually do this? make me unload trailers for a couple of weeks?

I think SORT jobs are by seniority and must be bid on... I THINK??? Plus you have to pass the sort test...

i've been doing trailers in 80 minutes and i've heard that they are going to fire me for 'proven dishonesty' because they have documentation that i have done them faster.

Hey maybe are not feeling well or have muscle aches... People are not machines and are not consistant... IF they doccumented and did not place the TIME your defense is they came in during the first hour and the days you were sow was around the last hour... BUT this is not a defense UNLESS you are sitting in the room with your UNION BA...

They fire you You file with the UNION...
How long does it take others to unload
What is your age and physical condition

If you are 25 or older and slightly over weight they can not expect you to work at the same pace as a 18 year old former high school football player

are these people full of **** or am i just arrogant?

also, i want to go in with a peice of paper that lists the positions i want and i want them to sign and date them. should i just put down "I, John Smith, would like to be moved to these positions...
1. Pre-load
2. Sorter
3. 7th Person
Signed:_______________ Date:______"? if not, please help!

thanks.

They are full of $h!t but you wanting them to sign a piece of paper is arrogant

LKLND3380

If you want out of your current area, the contract states that anybody with six or more months of seniority has the right to be switched to a preferred classification, although you don't have a choice as to where they place you.

That depends on if there is an opening in that classification...

castor915

WORK TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY - WORK SAFE...
use hand to surface methods
labels up
orientation arrows up
ALL over 70s MUST be handled by TWO BARGAINING UNIT employees
maintain a clear walk path

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats all you gotta do above... Its all blowing smoke with the saying your going to get wrote up and firing you.
Its all about safety, dont forget the totes for all the smalls.
BTW are you still in your pre-seniority stage I dont believe you answered that.

steeltoe

There are no time standards? We have a part time supe in the unload that will sit with a stopwatch (cell phone) and count how many packages you are putting out... Then tell you to speed up...

Has the sup ever used the recorded times against anyone? I doubt it. Until they start giving out trophies, bonuses, and Championship rings, work safe and consistent.

BrownArmy

K this is what you do the bare minunmum always At u.p.s Simply act like a :censored2: and not do any supervisor any favors. Take your time with everything if the tell you to hurry say You need to be SAFE. No supervisor theere carees about your SAFTY so you need to be. There is no #'s be they packages per hour or unloaded you can not be fired for not meeting the numbers. They will simply harras you a ton and try to make you follow theyre numbers. Then they will get so tired off harraseing you they can Disqualify from the job. then the will find you a job that a :censored2: can do sinse thas what the think you are by now. and then you will get your easier job.

That's very damn funny.

We have the exact same problem at our center. I'm put in the trailers to get us caught up, i honestly don't see how hard it is to get them done in 40 min. but these old guys man. I get very mad when they put me in with zero help and yet these other guys get help the whole trailer. i know it's our supervisors plotting on a quicker way. i would file a grievance on safety and it's in the contract under preferred jobs but I forgot which article. You can move around if you have some seniority.