Supplement...

dogs.bite.me

Doesn't matter....contract says no TCD is to work if full time driver is laid off.
It’s not a layoff

Is unpaid time off which is in the contract.

It's coded out option no pay. It's needed to give guys a break from the heat, also helps these tcd's get red circled at the higher rate than going through progression. I have no problem with it if guys need a break from the soggy heat.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Same here small center. It’s always the same 3-5 guys taking off at the top. Never gets down to poor ole’ me. I’m in the middle of the pack.

govols019

You smell that?
It’s not a layoff

Is unpaid time off which is in the contract.

It's coded out option no pay. It's needed to give guys a break from the heat, also helps these tcd's get red circled at the higher rate than going through progression. I have no problem with it if guys need a break from the soggy heat.

Do that in my center and our DM would lose her mind..every available full time driver better be on road if a TCD is working. She doesnt want them to get enough reports to trigger adding another full time driver.

Here, once they get their 30 days in as a TCD then subsequently win a full time bid they keep their TCD rate until the time that progression catches up.

dogs.bite.me

Do that in my center and our DM would lose her mind..every available full time driver better be on road if a TCD is working. She doesnt want them to get enough reports to trigger adding another full time driver.

Here, once they get their 30 days in as a TCD then subsequently win a full time bid they keep their TCD rate until the time that progression catches up.
Yep. That happend to me years ago.

Red circled at 85% of what drivers make instead of dropping to 18.75/hr. Made the 3 year progression wait much more tolerable. And the wage increase didn’t catch up til I hit top rate so it was like a $7/hr bump in pay.

dogs.bite.me

What part of the contract is that ?

It's not in the Master....

Could you refer me to the supplement, that says that ?

Thanks.

-Bug-
Article 64 of southern agreement

ARTICLE 64 – TIME OFF UNPAID
When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I would take the PT cover language we have over the new 22.4 jobs.
You must value the slightly higher pay over the perks of being actual full-time(guaranteed 8 hours) with seniority, vacation selection, route bidding, 9.5 protection, & 8-hour requests.

saintrick

22.4 will have bid routes, 9.5 and 8 hour requests?

I expect 22.4 vacation selection to done on and after the RPCD make their picks just like TCD's.