Supplements being forced too

Mooseknuckle

And some people on here think I'm overreacting. That I believe in conspiracy theories. Anybody have a solid REAL reason why our union would want to do this to us?

Poop Head

Judge me.
And some people on here think I'm overreacting. That I believe in conspiracy theories. Anybody have a solid REAL reason why our union would want to do this to us?
Lazy.
Got a sweet vacation booked next week?
Tripple bypass surgery soon?
Starting a 12 step program?
The McRib is coming back?

twoweeled

You are not the priority of the IBT. The priority, is to keep the dues coming in. Very plain and simple. A raise doesn't mean much to the IBT. It's fractional to them. If a strike happens, there are no more dues coming in. Not only that, the IBT will be paying OUT of the strike fund. Now the officers are REALLY working now, to get this settled quickly as possible because they are losing money daily now. Conversely, the contract gets passed, like it or not. The dues never stop coming in. No money out of the strike fund. And the officers go back to drinks and lunch, along with the occasional party. Not difficult.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The is no reason to be a union member now if you are in a RTW state! Our vote does not matter, Nobody at the IBT is listening to the members!

Mooseknuckle

You are not the priority of the IBT. The priority, is to keep the dues coming in. Very plain and simple. A raise doesn't mean much to the IBT. It's fractional to them. If a strike happens, there are no more dues coming in. Not only that, the IBT will be paying OUT of the strike fund. Now the officers are REALLY working now, to get this settled quickly as possible because they are losing money daily now. Conversely, the contract gets passed, like it or not. The dues never stop coming in. No money out of the strike fund. And the officers go back to drinks and lunch, along with the occasional party. Not difficult.
I get all that but, I really don't think they'd do all that just because they are worried about a strike. Now they have a lot of people that can opt out of the union. 28 rtw states. That's a lot more money lost than 2 weeks of strike at peak in the tightest labor market they've ever seen. That's all while the stock price is in free fall. The company wouldn't let this happen and they know it.

twoweeled

I get all that but, I really don't think they'd do all that just because they are worried about a strike. Now they have a lot of people that can opt out of the union. 28 rtw states. That's a lot more money lost than 2 weeks of strike at peak in the tightest labor market they've ever seen. That's all while the stock price is in free fall. The company wouldn't let this happen and they know it.
1.What makes you think the stock is in freefall? It's not. Not only that - but even while going through negotiations, the stock wasn't affected by any fears of a strike. You may see a bit up and down motion, but compare it to Fedex. It was trading similar to it's sector. The only one's with any concern about a strike, were some of the drivers!!
2. A lot of people can opt out? Very few if any, will opt out and stay out. Watch. This has been going on with this admin for YEARS!!! And they still vote him back in. Nothing new, partner. This has been so obvious for many years, and so many people just don't see it.

Photo%252520Feb%25252022%25252C%2525202013%25252C%2525201%25253A52%252520PM.jpg

542thruNthru

I believe it's also pension money. The union wants that money and isn't going to let us ruin it for them. I don't know if teamcare covers more then just UPS but if it does then I'd imagine they want all the money also.

Mooseknuckle

1.What makes you think the stock is in freefall? It's not. Not only that - but even while going through negotiations, the stock wasn't affected by any fears of a strike. You may see a bit up and down motion, but compare it to Fedex. It was trading similar to it's sector. The only one's with any concern about a strike, were some of the drivers!!
2. A lot of people can opt out? Very few if any, will opt out and stay out. Watch. This has been going on with this admin for YEARS!!! And they still vote him back in. Nothing new, partner. This has been so obvious for many years, and so many people just don't see it.

Photo%252520Feb%25252022%25252C%2525202013%25252C%2525201%25253A52%252520PM.jpg
[/QUOTE

I was saying if we were to go on strike the stock would be in free fall. I agree nothing new.