Surepost discussion talks with union and ups

10 point

Isn't it ironic that out system is locking out driver release on addresses that were stop completed as commercial sometime in the past and queried for clarification in the sub screens but the company still sends commercial stops to the post office.

I've also seen a large volume increase in surepost pkgs since Orion was kicked off in our center a week ago.

We've been waiting on clarification of "proximity" stops since ratification. Nice.

barnyard

KTM rider
You mean exactly what amazon is doing buy leasing planes and buying semi trailers?...

My thinking is that Amazon knows where it is profitable to deliver on their own and where it makes sense to pass that volume off.

In my center, we are seeing fewer urban stops, but a good increase in rural stops, the kind that are 5 miles apart.

I suspect that Amazon will be happy to give UPS all the MT and WY volume it has, then keep the Lexington, NYC, Chicago and other high population cities.

9.5 everyday

Weren't there suppose to be enhancements to that service that let us get some of that work back....?? Have you delivered to the usps before dok?? We use to get about the same amount of packages as fedex in my neck of the woods... Now I'm rolling in there most days with double the volume of FedEx...people have to be idiots to think that UPS isntit going to exploit this. And just because we have sure post doesn't mean that FedEx still can't undercut us on prices ...right
I've delivered to a post office every day for the past 4 years when sure post started. Two years ago the volume was the heaviest and I was easily delivering 150 packages a day, not counting the smalls that were bagged. Last year to this year, the volume has drastically decreased and on a heavy day, they will get about 100. Most days being 75-95 pcs. Most of the volume I've lost had been from 10+ lb packages, larger packages, proximity packages and packages that are designated for businesses. Which I believe were "the enhancements".

By The Book

Dave that isn't happening I had 2 from a day ago that were addressed to the same location and it was brought to the usps... Today I had 2 going to a business for the exact same address....guess what again going to the usps without any corrections from ups....this program is not even close to working perfectly...
I believe that your preload dispatcher can make it to where the system will pull those to your route. One non sure post will pull all sure post for that address and two sure post for the same address will automatically go to your route.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about anything we are driving right by anyway? The technology is already there , we just need clear language to be able to enforce it.
I think if this was the case that we would be delivering 90% of the surepost volume and I'm sure that is not going to be ok for ups they now want as much going to the po that they can get.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Half of our CACH trailer is probably Amazon/Zappos returns. It's unreal.
The ups store I pick up from has 1/2 of their volume as returns... I don't know if Amazon pays for the returns or not but it must use thousands of people across the network to process those returns.. Imo Amazon has made it too easy and people are just ordering crap to " try it out"...

10 point

I've delivered to a post office every day for the past 4 years when sure post started. Two years ago the volume was the heaviest and I was easily delivering 150 packages a day, not counting the smalls that were bagged. Last year to this year, the volume has drastically decreased and on a heavy day, they will get about 100. Most days being 75-95 pcs. Most of the volume I've lost had been from 10+ lb packages, larger packages, proximity packages and packages that are designated for businesses. Which I believe were "the enhancements".
Businesses are still being sent to the p.o.
and there's no excuse for that seeing the information is on file of what is com and what is resi.
They're proving it now with DR clarification that locks out those addresses that the company archives past history on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Businesses are still being sent to the p.o.
and there's no excuse for that seeing the information is on file of what is com and what is resi.
They're proving it now with DR clarification that locks out those addresses that the company archives past history on.
I totally agree and see this EVERYDAY!!!and these are just the packages that are single that I check... Who knows how many are getting through in bags??? I don't think the union is taking this seriously enough and I believe they aren't educated enough about the program in general...