SurePost

CharleyHustle

I also agree that with our technology we should be able to divert any Surepost package to direct delivery if the consignee has one or more non Surepost packages out for delivery.

When you scan the UPS Surepost bar code the only address associated with that bar code is the destination post office. Once delivered to the post office, UPS tracking stops. I have no idea what the USPS bar code propagates, if it is the actual delivery address you would need to have access to the information imbedded in the USPS bar code to link pkgs to same day UPS deliveries.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you scan the UPS Surepost bar code the only address associated with that bar code is the destination post office. Once delivered to the post office, UPS tracking stops. I have no idea what the USPS bar code propagates, if it is the actual delivery address you would need to have access to the information imbedded in the USPS bar code to link pkgs to same day UPS deliveries.

I am talking about identifying these packages during the morning sort.

Suppose you have a package for 123 Elm St. PALed at 7:04 am. At 7:34 am a SurePost package with the same final delivery address is identified. With our technology we should be able to re-PAL that package to 123 Elm St rather than to the Post Office and ensure that both packages are delivered together, giving the consignee the service that they deserve.

The question that remains is whether we would be willing to deliver this to the consignee at the reduced shipping charge or would we initiate a shipping charge correction and, if we do, would doing so violate the contract that we have with the shipper.

CharleyHustle

"With our technology we should be able to re-PAL that package"

"I would think it wouldn't be too hard"

So which orifice are you using here? Either we can or we can't. These are low cost pieces and any time you add another human being or more technology or more infrastructure the price goes up and the ability to compete.

packageguy

My understanding is the packages are supposed to be small, I deliver a the post office everyday over 175 pieces a day and some of those boxes will not fit in there little trucks. I told my supervisors about it they said they are suppose to report boxes over a cetain size, we ar to be paid more money for that.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
LOL

dreams are free man; the Postal Service is mandated by the Constitution, you'll see them get rebooted by Congress to be a serious competitor to us before you see them go out of business....

You may find it interesting that there have been 27 constitutional amendments to date.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I am not talking about the casuals or the 22.3 in our building who works more hours than I do. I am talking about a lower starting wage and lower top rate for casuals who become FT seniority drivers. I see new FT drivers topping out around $25/hr.
I know exactly what you are talking about. What I am talking about is this may very well become a 100% part-time company. I won't go on and on with details as I imagine you are smart enough to figure out what I mean.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I thought his name was Dave?? So it's Nancy that explains a lot.

thumbnail.aspx