swapping center and in question

LaUpser

I have completed my 30 and my sup. at the time i went into drving has left my center and is wanting to bring me with them to the new center they are at. I have been in talks for a while and a few days ago I received better info. I would have to leave my center and rehire at new center but I would be an of street hire for driver. is this possible. so far the sup has been pretty good about being honest first sup I have/had that been pretty honest. Also I have help the new center occasionally in the past as in favor and like how I work

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

If you would be considered off the street hire, you would have to go through your thirty days then, and be put under anyone that has been hired since. I thought in the west you could transfer buildings. Just remember the particular sup might get transferred to yet a different building, or promoted to different area. I personally would not do that, but if you don't like the building where you are at, this may be an opportunity to get to a better building. Don't do it for the sup.

LaUpser

Stay put for another 6 years working 2 jobs that would put me at 33 years old. plus I rarely get any wheel time like 2 every two months and that's on a good month for me, since peak when I officially. became cover driver I have driven a total of 4 times compared to following the old boss and helping out its been at least every month

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Stay put for another 6 years working 2 jobs that would put me at 33 years old. plus I rarely get any wheel time like 2 every two months and that's on a good month for me, since peak when I officially. became cover driver I have driven a total of 4 times compared to following the old boss and helping out its been at least every month

Sent using BrownCafe App
Are you not a FT driver?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
sometime supervisors act like they want to be your bud, but it is usually because it benefits *them*. He moves on, you're on your own. I've been bumping boxes since before a lot of you were even born. I don't trust any management as far as I can throw them. Just my .02.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
sometime supervisors act like they want to be your bud, but it is usually because it benefits *them*. He moves on, you're on your own. I've been bumping boxes since before a lot of you were even born. I don't trust any management as far as I can throw them. Just my .02.
Well said, sir. To the OP, management is "honest" when it benefits them.

oldngray

nowhere special
twain-honesty.jpg

LaUpser

I agree with what you guys saying if benefits them but looking at my point it's benefiting me also by getting me behind wheel sooner. than later

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

I agree with what you guys saying if benefits them but looking at my point it's benefiting me also by getting me behind wheel sooner. than later

Sent using BrownCafe App
I get it, once you get your shot you want to take it. Are both centers bonus centers? Would you get better route assignments at new center? Sounds like you've seen a bit of both sides. As stated in other posts, do it for you no one else. You may have a move associated with this transfer, and possibly family. All things to consider. Good luck!

UPSGUY72

I have completed my 30 and my sup. at the time i went into drving has left my center and is wanting to bring me with them to the new center they are at. I have been in talks for a while and a few days ago I received better info. I would have to leave my center and rehire at new center but I would be an of street hire for driver. is this possible. so far the sup has been pretty good about being honest first sup I have/had that been pretty honest. Also I have help the new center occasionally in the past as in favor and like how I work

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your still wet behind the ears and your ex-SUP knows it.....

Also remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side no matter what anyone tells you they have a agenda and it's not with your best interest.....