Switching Hubs just for a School Break?

nikki44

I work at a UPS hub near my college as a pre-loader. I am not allowed to live in the university housing over the winter break (December-January) and am going back home out of state. Is there a way to work at the UPS hub in my new state just for the month without having to quit/get rehired? I really cannot afford to take the whole month off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I work at a UPS hub near my college as a pre-loader. I am not allowed to live in the university housing over the winter break (December-January) and am going back home out of state. Is there a way to work at the UPS hub in my new state just for the month without having to quit/get rehired? I really cannot afford to take the whole month off.
The hub you’re leaving during peak may tell you to go pound sand when you come back

542thruNthru

No

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
These poor kids are not ready for the world😂
Blame the parents. Because if this kid even mentioned the possibility of coming home for a month over Xmas and the parents know they work at ups. Well let’s just say her parents should have let her know they’d see her next summer.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@nikki44, this co. just isn't flexible enough for that. In fact, you may have to attempt a quit/rehire in order to go home over winter break (and this co. is not known for its flexibility regarding this, nor is it conducive to maximizing your pay/benefits such as raises/paid vacation time/health insurance etc.). I suggest you check with your school, most likely they have some alternate housing that might be available over winter break (or a referral list for temporary, affordable housing). This is actually your best earning potential time period, between the extra time on your regular shift, signing up for extra work on other shifts, possibly Driver Helper, or Personal Vehicle Delivery Driver (although I would discourage this, due to the extra wear/tear on your vehicle).

HFolb23

If UPS knew you were a student when you got hired and youve communicated this problem ahead of time to your supervisor you might have a better chance of keeping your job. We had a driver that was on vacation during peak week last year because he had the trip booked before applying for the job and mentioned it in his interview. Still an employee today.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If UPS knew you were a student when you got hired and youve communicated this problem ahead of time to your supervisor you might have a better chance of keeping your job. We had a driver that was on vacation during peak week last year because he had the trip booked before applying for the job and mentioned it in his interview. Still an employee today.
Stop lying. The only way you get time off during peak is fmla

KOG72

I’m full of it
You might need to find one of those cheap motels to stay in that lets you pay rent by the week

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Just bring your sleeping bag & a pillow & sleep in the break room, locker room or one of the upstairs offices . Problem solved, and you get to keep your job 🤓

HFolb23

Stop lying. The only way you get time off during peak is fmla
No lies here. Guy was one of the “yeah I’m part-time not a seasonal” cover drivers they hire in late fall that UPS tells one thing to get them to take the job and then doesnt follow through and fires them when the work slows. We all thought for sure they’d fire him before he left or as soon as he got back. Still an employee today.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Quit school and stay at UPS ...start your career young at UPS.
All the kids I went to school with that went to college are back home with mommy and daddy mid - 30s.
✊🧔

J.D. Hogg

Ask your supervisor to see what they can do.
SInce you'll just be a seasonal employee, they might be able to get you in your hometown UPS by making a phone call.

charm299

Ask the center manager if you can stay by his house in December

Poop Head

Judge me.
Post a pic so we can see what were working with here