Switching shifts?

Tired Student

I've been with ups for about 6 months and I've been thinking about changing from the sunrise shift to twilight.
I only work like 4 hrs a day in small sort and personally I don't have much to complain about but my class schedule is making it difficult to continue working so early in the morning. I feel as of though the Twilight shift would work better with me because I would atleast get a decent night sleep before school instead of only being able to be get a few hours of sleep here and there, scattered basically.
I don't know how to go about on switching shifts though.
Do I lose my seniority? Will I able to still work in small sort in twilight shift or would I have to work someplace else?
Any general info on shift changes will be helpful, thanks.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Talk to a supervisor and get the answers you need. Here if you switch shifts nothing changes. You just can't go back to your old shift for a period of 6 months.

km3

I'm literally in the exact same position, except I'm on Night trying to get on Sunrise.

It varies by building, but here they post a bid sheet once quarterly. You can bid on other positions on the same sort, or on a different shift altogether. The only condition is that you need six months on your current position before they move you. And if you get a new position, you'll need six months on that before you move again. You'll keep your seniority, but you may find yourself surrounded by people who have a lot more.

In addition to talking to your supervisor, I recommend talking to your steward as well. I bid on a Sunrise position off of the Night sort in my building and my FT sup and the sort manager have been giving me the runaround. It wasn't until I contacted the union that things started moving. I already got the green light from Sunrise, so I'm about halfway there...and right where I should have been a full month ago. Seriously, save yourself the headache: Talk to your steward.

Talk to a supervisor and get the answers you need. Here if you switch shifts nothing changes. You just can't go back to your old shift for a period of 6 months.
Will be keep all of his seniority? Idk see why not if he switches shifts and stays with the saw hub as a PT'er