Tag after 5pm

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It can happen a bit when you are covering a bunch of random stuff.

At least send some messages to cya. The only times I've missed businesses (less than i can count on one hand this year) the office was at least aware of the possibility and could have played the game of helping me find them or send help.

I get dinged here and there with a missed, big whoop, sad thing is you know the regular driver in these areas puts up lost and stolen packages like crazy and LP is more than happy to force signatures on an entire street, apartment complex, etc. Strange they never have any send agains either.

I will admit to slipping checks and envelopes through the cracks of the door a few times. None of which past 5 mind you. They open when they need to be or are out doing something.

Last edited:

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
sheeting it closed means you went there and they were supposed to be open and they're closed. so you can't do that for after 5pm because it's normal for businesses to close at 5 so you should've got there sooner. that's why your manager says that. it's not just for arbitrary reasons. logically the same goes for NI1. yeah you got one over on them for not spelling it out but you still gave the customer a service failure, and in the event of a service failure we're supposed to own up to it not make excuses. sheeting it missed is the way we own up to it. it has to be sheeted missed. so in the future you have to call your sup and tell them. and then sheet it missed. now they may try to get you to do something else, like sheet it future or something, this is them trying to make their numbers and make you take the heat. you do that and that may not be that, there very well could be a follow up. so if you're told to do anything besides sheeting it missed get them to tell it to you in the board because later they'll say they never told you to do that and say you were being dishonest. and then real discipline happens.

yea you'll get chewed out. no one likes getting chewed out, but it's endurable once you get used to it.

PPH_over_9000

Everyone keeps saying businesses all close around 5pm but there are tons that are open until the 8pm-10pm range, and a few (mainly bars/restaurants) that are always going to be open well into the night. The folks in receiving might be gone but shoooot, there's always someone that can say either "Drop it there" or "Nope, we can't take that until tomorrow." I've never run into the latter when a place was still open.

I remember delivering a misload for a veterinary clinic right before 10pm once. I was surprised as hell that they were open to the public at the time, and I never would've known if I didn't add another 30min to my day to get the GPS tag for when I sheeted the package.

Definitely a lot of office complexes and doctor/dentist offices close around 5pm, though. I could see that being a pain in the city. Around here it's mainly stripmalls and standalone stores/restaraunts around car dealerships and big box stores.

nWo

Just do your best to deliver the business when they are open. There's tattoo parlors that open at 4pm. Dont go at 10am and sheet them as closed. Go there after 4. Service is all we have the separates us from FedEx and Amazon. The businesses will appreciate you for getting them there :censored2:.

But sometimes :censored2: happens. Management overloads you and you can't get to all the business in time. Then you scan it as missed if it's after 5. But generally you still need to attempt the delivery.