Tag after 5pm

MtroSth76

Just a quick question for my fellow drivers:
What does it mean when your told something is going on the report?

I tagged a business after 5 pm as NI1 instead of closed since I knew once I got there they’d be closed. I received a call saying it would be put on the report. First time I’ve ever done this. Should I be concerned? Thx.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

I tagged a business after 5 pm as NI1 instead of closed since I knew once I got there they’d be closed. I received a call saying it would be put on the report. First time I’ve ever done this. Should I be concerned? Thx.
Don’t ever be that spineless again. Ever. It’s not possible to keep perfect track of 500 packages a day every single day for 30 years; you WILL miss a few from time to time when sorting, or forget about one; it’s called being human. Next time just message the center asap and ask them what they want you to do, you probably won’t even get a warning letter and if you do, wipe your ass with it and move on.

JustDeliverIt

I was told they don’t care about closed after 5 anymore. Mark it properly as closed and move on. Let them worry about it, their dispatch put you there after business hours.

Est.1998

I normally would make the attempt instead of assuming no one is there or depending on the size of the pkg you could've slid it under their door or left it at the neighboring business. If you've exhausted all efforts then I'd message my supervisor asking how they want it handled. But no, you shouldn't be concerned since it's your first time and you don't do this often. But remember no NI or closed between 12pm-1pm or after 5pm for businesses.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s time we just follow Orion and sheet stuff up correctly...Orion has COMMERCIAL bulk stop at end of day? MISSED !!
✊🧔

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Not In is for residential stops. Closed is for commercial stops. Don’t sheet anything unless you’re at the location. If you can’t make it to businesses before they close and you’re aware let the center know.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not In is for residential stops. Closed is for commercial stops. Don’t sheet anything unless you’re at the location. If you can’t make it to businesses before they close and you’re aware let the center know.
That was one of my pet peeves. Use CLO for business and you shouldn't also have to tag it as a business stop. And NI should never be used for a business stop anyway.

Whither

Scofflaw
Not In is for residential stops. Closed is for commercial stops.
Every once in a while I'll sheet NI and tag it "com" at a business. The normal case is the door's open but after a couple minutes searching I can't find anyone to receive the delivery. Of course never between 12-1 or after 5. Really there should be a "No receiver" non-delivery option.

nWo

We have had drivers fired for sheeting business as closed. And the business called and asks why nobody attempted their package. GPS showed driver wasn't at the business. They lost at state. She did not get her job back. If it is in your truck you need to be attempting to deliver it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Business after 5 you should just sheet as missed. It doesn't matter where you are when you do that but usually UPS will want you to waste your time doing a drive by where you can look and say, "Yep, they're closed"