Take advantage of your UPS healthcare before the switch to Teamcare

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't know how you do it on 5hrs of sleep , I like to stay up but man I need my sleep during the week
Everybody is different bro. Some people need a lot of sleep and some do not. My whole thing is that im not going to let the job control my life throughout the week. I do what I want to do during the week and if it means going to bed late then it is what it is. Ya cant let the job control your life or stop you from doing things during the week. You cant possibly expect to do everything on the weekend when that's the time you should really get the most rest possible. During peak I was getting home at 11 some nights n going to bed at 130 to 2 and then up at 6 and out the door at 620 and to work at 7. Rinse and repeat. I don't worry about it at all how much sleep I get. To me its just one of those stupid things people worry about, about getting enough sleep. Ill get enough sleep when im retired or when im gone from this world lol. Its all good dude I was just bustin your chopps lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wife had a hip replacement a little over a year ago. The bill from all the doctors and the hospital stay was huge, $160,000+. Now she is experiencing pain in her other hip and I'm encouraging her to get to the doctor so we can get this taken care of before the last of the supplements are ratified. Paying 20% on that would really stricken us with fear.
Introduce you and your family to Aflac. Don't get what people don't get about getting it.

The Milkman

Company says the Full-timers threw the part-timers under the bus?
I never heard that from higher ups or the Labor guys.
Still grumpy as ever I see! :grrr:

Not Grumpy Pops, just telling it like it is.........Part timers are where they are today for not getting involved. By getting intimidated and pushed around by management, their thinking of hanging around for a career went down the toilet....Thus the "I Don't Care Attitude". As far as medical increases for all retirees we can thank the current friend/Ter's for that. They will reap what they sow..Sooner or later they will be in the same boat as us, possibly taking on alot more water by then..

browned out

There has been feedback here that Aflac is reluctant to insure UPS hourlies.

Yes Aflac and other supplemental insurance companies are very reluctant (at best) to insure UPS hourly workers. Somehow these UPS employees end up with bad knees, backs, elbows, ankles, necks, hands, etc. Somehow

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Can't wait to pay my $200, Thank you Brothers and sisters.. When it goes to $500 and you have big co pays remember how it used to be................

UPS won't be setting the co-pays and deductibles. That'll only happen if UPS somehow gets lowered H&W contributions (unlikely) in future CBAs or if TeamCare tanks (unlikely with 18+ months of reserves).

The Milkman

UPS won't be setting the co-pays and deductibles. That'll only happen if UPS somehow gets lowered H&W contributions (unlikely) in future CBAs or if TeamCare tanks (unlikely with 18+ months of reserves).

Well, it could be worse. I only have 3 more years to use the benefits before getting kicked off at 65

BrownBrokeDown

Wife had a hip replacement a little over a year ago. The bill from all the doctors and the hospital stay was huge, $160,000+. Now she is experiencing pain in her other hip and I'm encouraging her to get to the doctor so we can get this taken care of before the last of the supplements are ratified. Paying 20% on that would really stricken us with fear.

Where did you see 20%? I have yet to see anything that would imply any surgery would cost that much. (i'm not being a smart-ass, actually asking)

Re-Raise

Isn't there an individual out of pocket maximum per year, after which the insurance pays the rest?

Delivered

Attachments

• tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 124

upschuck

Looks like it could save you some money $2000 max oop for family vs $1000 per person, ER better, lady visits better, and you'd get free labs at Quest, and MRIs at US Imaging. Doesn't look like a bad deal.

saintrick

Looks like it could save you some money $2000 max oop for family vs $1000 per person, ER better, lady visits better, and you'd get free labs at Quest, and MRIs at US Imaging. Doesn't look like a bad deal.

ER is not better.

Routine OB is not better.

The co insurance under Teamcare is higher so the $2000 family max vs the $1000 UPS per person only looks good on paper.

fatcats

You may just have a $200 deductible but you'll have a $2000 or $1000 out a pocket for the year. You'll find they don't cover a lot of things 100%.

Sent using BrownCafe App

fatcats

Depending on how many in family & visits you do you'll meet your out a pocket. So payment plan here you come ,,,,

Sent using BrownCafe App

browned out

Brand name scripts are a waste of money, and only pads the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies.

Another example of generics not being equivalent. This is from the FDA website regarding a wellbutrin generic not being equivalent. That's exactly why you do not want your family taking generics. Insurance company greed. UPS Teamcare RX plan is Garbage.

Based on data submitted by Watson, FDA has determined that that company’s generic bupropion HCl ER 300 mg tablet product is not therapeutically equivalent to Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. Watson has agreed to voluntarily withdraw this product from the distribution chain. Also, FDA has changed the Therapeutic Equivalence Code for the Watson product from AB (therapeutically equivalent) to BX (data are insufficient to determine therapeutic equivalence) in the Orange Book. FDA does not anticipate a drug shortage. complete update here http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety...ormationforPatientsandProviders/ucm322161.htm

upschuck

Another example of generics not being equivalent. This is from the FDA website regarding a wellbutrin generic not being equivalent. That's exactly why you do not want your family taking generics. Insurance company greed. UPS Teamcare RX plan is Garbage.

Based on data submitted by Watson, FDA has determined that that company’s generic bupropion HCl ER 300 mg tablet product is not therapeutically equivalent to Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. Watson has agreed to voluntarily withdraw this product from the distribution chain. Also, FDA has changed the Therapeutic Equivalence Code for the Watson product from AB (therapeutically equivalent) to BX (data are insufficient to determine therapeutic equivalence) in the Orange Book. FDA does not anticipate a drug shortage. complete update here http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety...ormationforPatientsandProviders/ucm322161.htm
And if you read the article it says it was pulled from the market. 1 of 4 not equivalent, now 3 in 3 are. Digging deep for reasons to trash Teamcare that are not panning out for you.

I realize some people have an irrational fear of change, but it is a good plan. You will see that eventually.

oldngray

nowhere special

Some generics are OK but others just aren't the same. If you take a lot of medicines you will learn which generics are just as good and others where name brand is better.