Take Charge

I was in the turn in room the other day and I opened my paycheck and made a comment that I hadn't made enough to cover my mortgage payment. Some tall guy from Business Development walked over and said to me that he could help with that. He started talking to me about this Take Charge program. He told me that I could make $1,000 dollars if I signed was able to refer a good, producing sales lead to the company. He told me that if the account was sold and produced packages that after 13 weeks I could max out and recieve $1,000 dollars ... for one account. Has anyone had any success with this new program:confused:1

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its called the sales lead incentive program. You can read about it on upsers.com. Its nice for 13 weeks, You get a prepaid aex card. After that, its just work, while its going on, and especially now its 50 cents (I think) per ground package.

UPSmeoff

I was in the turn in room the other day and I opened my paycheck and made a comment that I hadn't made enough to cover my mortgage payment. Some tall guy from Business Development walked over and said to me that he could help with that. He started talking to me about this Take Charge program. He told me that I could make $1,000 dollars if I signed was able to refer a good, producing sales lead to the company. He told me that if the account was sold and produced packages that after 13 weeks I could max out and recieve $1,000 dollars ... for one account. Has anyone had any success with this new program:confused:1

I think your are lying. You sound like a business development guy just trying to get a response.

I think that the UPS sales force needs to step it up a notch and stop relying on us drivers to do their footwork.

25yrvet

I don't mind going out there & getting the volume AND RETAINING it! Heck, you don't even need to give me a reward for a sales lead. BUT>>>>>

I DO NOT WANT TO WORK 10 HOURS A FLIPPIN' DAY AND NEITHER DO MOST OF MY FELLOW DRIVERS !!!!

We finally got many drivers to file or threaten to file 9.5 grievences and whadda ya know...43 hours a week for the past 3 weeks.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The big push in our center is now to get producing sales leads. The manager has said we are real close to the UPS watch thresh hold. Has anyone on the the board received(earned) the watch award??

raceanoncr

The big push in our center is now to get producing sales leads. The manager has said we are real close to the UPS watch thresh hold. Has anyone on the the board received(earned) the watch award??
Yeah, I did. Got it for 20 yrs service. Ain't no good, tho...batteries keep going dead!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I did. Got it for 20 yrs service. Ain't no good, tho...batteries keep going dead!
When I hit twenty-five years of service, the choice was a watch or the UPS class-type ring. I took the ring, no moving parts to quit working! :thumbup1:

bugman74

I have had great success with the sales lead program, but I see both sides to the issue. More pick ups means more work, but it also means more drivers and greater job security, and less trips being cut. Beyond that, you are getting paid a little extra for doing your job anyway, and if you keep getting sold leads, the free money keeps coming in.

Ms Spoken

Since the implement of Sales Leads I have already landed a $500 account thats not even in my state. This lead was before they had a call center and it was a direct call. All I did was input the shippers information from a Fed-X package I found at someones door and next thing I get is $500. I feel for the driver down in FL that didn't take the time to land this account.
I'm now working a HUGE account out in Ca. that should produce international and freight so I'm looking at a possible $1000 if all goes well with the sales team. Making extra money off of sales leads is a huge incentive for me and my family and I need all the "at a girl" I can get because one "Oh :censored2:" and I'm starting over.
Some positive wins have been Nascar tickets, free UPS clothing (my kids love), and of course the all mighty $$$$$$
It might be extra work but, JMO the more pick-ups you have with volume the less stops you will have.

local804

It might be extra work but, JMO the more pick-ups you have with volume the less stops you will have. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

This will just mean our paid day will get higher, less stops is not an option at UPS when SPH is their main goal. Instead of spending all this wasted energy on getting new business, why dont we take care of the customers we have now? Customer retention isnt a priority? How many active customers get screwed daily by route cuts and Pas moves in a week? Lets look at the total picture people.....

Ms Spoken

It might be extra work but, JMO the more pick-ups you have with volume the less stops you will have. [/FONT]

This will just mean our paid day will get higher, less stops is not an option at UPS when SPH is their main goal. Instead of spending all this wasted energy on getting new business, why dont we take care of the customers we have now? Customer retention isnt a priority? How many active customers get screwed daily by route cuts and Pas moves in a week? Lets look at the total picture people.....[/QUOTE]

Then if your paid day gets higher file on the 9.5.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you have a Commercial Route like my first one, when your truck is full, no more Pickup pieces are going to fit on it. I used to blow out by 5 PM, several other drivers and sometimes Feeder would have to come in and cover my late closers. Sometimes more boxes is a good thing, especially if you want to get off earlier.

I feel the company is becoming more of a profit and loss organization. Take a look at what is being commuincated in your center ... Safety ... Service ... Volume Development.