Taken out of service.....

BrownTexas

If there is no one at the specific location you are leaving the package, that is a legitimate closed. If you are driving to where you can get a signature and you do a dup stop, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's not your fault that the consignee is not where the delivery point is. Since the packages were left at a location specified by the consignee, then this is a legitimate action.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Sounds like way too much trouble. Rather not have to explain my actions in a termination meeting and just make it simple.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Caught it with my belly like Kung Foo Panda...Dragon Warrior!
fat peeps 1.jpg
Kinda like this lmfao.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you scan a package, put it in prerecord, then go back into prerecord and do a left at without pulling the stop out of prerecord, then it will retain the original time stamp. The best thing to do is not move the car. If you have to, CLO 1, then resheet the package(s) after you drive to wherever you need to go to get the signature. That's the best way to CYA.

This is really bad advice. Sheeting a NDA as CLO 1 and then driving and delivering it within 30 minutes will generate a report.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If there is no one at the specific location you are leaving the package, that is a legitimate closed. If you are driving to where you can get a signature and you do a dup stop, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's not your fault that the consignee is not where the delivery point is. Since the packages were left at a location specified by the consignee, then this is a legitimate action.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
It is not a legitimate reason if you deliver to a dock and then have to drive around to the office to get a signature. How can you leave 100 packages at a dock and then mark them as CLO 1. You delivered the packages. Just have not got a signature yet. Show the RDR on the report. As long as management knows about it, it is fine. You will get fired for dropping 100 packages, including 20 airs, off at the dock and then marking them as CLO 1.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When the DIADs first came out, management was never in a hurry to bring another DIAD out when it broke on route. Sheeted over 400 packages on paper with 18 or 19 digit barcode, whatever it is, in one day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I always do my last air stop at about 1025. It usually gets 10-30 nda pkgs. It sometimes takes me several minutes to get in the gate, sometimes up to 10 waiting for others to move etc.
I shut the truck off at the gate, because we certainly dont want excess idle time:annoyed:, scan one or two while waiting, go in when I am allowed to enter. I am there in plenty of time, I cant get in on my schedule, it is a large company who ships major amounts of nda eams in the evening, most over 100 pds. i assume, whoever is watching the dots, should be able to connect them.

Because shutting off the truck, sheeting, restarting the truck up to ten minutes later, should have flags flying all over the place, and it has not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I always do my last air stop at about 1025. It usually gets 10-30 nda pkgs. It sometimes takes me several minutes to get in the gate, sometimes up to 10 waiting for others to move etc.
I shut the truck off at the gate, because we certainly dont want excess idle time:annoyed:, scan one or two while waiting, go in when I am allowed to enter. I am there in plenty of time, I cant get in on my schedule, it is a large company who ships major amounts of nda eams in the evening, most over 100 pds. i assume, whoever is watching the dots, should be able to connect them.

Because shutting off the truck, sheeting, restarting the truck up to ten minutes later, should have flags flying all over the place, and it has not.
It has flags flying everywhere. it generated an RDR on a report. But management knows about this situation. It is an accepted RDR exception.

Scan the packages. I don't care if you have to walk a mile, drive a mile, to get a signature. Do not sheet as CLO 1. Do not prerecord. It is an active delivery. Stop complete it once you get the signature.

BrownTexas

Do you deliver warehouses. You back into the dock, scan as you unload and then try and chase someone down to sign for the packages. Granted, this would not trigger an RDR, but you are not scanning them in front of the customer.

If you scanned it in the parking lot, then drove to the dock, or front office, it would trigger an RDR. After management investigated it, you would be terminated because you were not at the "delivery point" when you scanned the package. If the delivery point was a dock, and then you had to drive to the front office to get a signature, this is an acceptable RDR. The air was scanned at the delivery point.
I do deliver warehouses. And I make sure someone knows I'm not going to 2 different places. Someone needs to be at the delivery point when I arrive.

BrownTexas

It has flags flying everywhere. it generated an RDR on a report. But management knows about this situation. It is an accepted RDR exception.

Scan the packages. I don't care if you have to walk a mile, drive a mile, to get a signature. Do not sheet as CLO 1. Do not prerecord. It is an active delivery. Stop complete it once you get the signature.
It is only excepted until they want to hang him for it. Security gates should be allotted time for NDA. if he scans the package at the gate and doesn't complete it until after its comment time then he is opening himself up for discipline. If he can't wait the 10 minutes at the gate and it causes the air to be late he needs to tell his supervisor about the situation and either let it be late or have them run it for him.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It is only excepted until they want to hang him for it. Security gates should be allotted time for NDA. if he scans the package at the gate and doesn't complete it until after its comment time then he is opening himself up for discipline. If he can't wait the 10 minutes at the gate and it causes the air to be late he needs to tell his supervisor about the situation and either let it be late or have them run it for him.
No they should not be. One day could be 2 minutes at the security gate, the next day it could be 10. It is not our fault that the customer has a security gate. We arrived at their gate before 10:30. Scan package to prove it. Leave stop open until the security clears you and you can proceed to make the delivery. We used to have a security or something like that as a reason why the NDA was late.

oldngray

nowhere special
Try to make a stop with a security gate like that your last air stop. I had one like that who got NDA every day so it was always my last air stop. It was also a place where some genius decided receiving people started at 4pm so I had to use their phone to call a guy to come sign every day. I would unload and scan everything for that stop while I was waiting.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Try to make a stop with a security gate like that your last air stop. I had one like that who got NDA every day so it was always my last air stop. It was also a place where some genius decided receiving people started at 4pm so I had to use their phone to call a guy to come sign every day. I would unload and scan everything for that stop while I was waiting.
Exactly. Scan everything, leave the stop open and wait until you are cleared to go in and make the delivery.

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly. Scan everything, leave the stop open and wait until you are cleared to go in and make the delivery.

That stop was a little different. I had to go past a guard but I would then park at the dock, scan a package, go call for the receiving guy, then scan the rest while I was waiting. All after I was parked. The only exception would be if the dock was blocked then I would scan before I parked and that would have triggered a RDR error.