Taken out of service.....

BrownTexas

Exactly. Scan everything, leave the stop open and wait until you are cleared to go in and make the delivery.
Say whatever you feel you need to say. I'm just trying to help you understand what they have instructed us all to do. I stay out of the gray as much as possible. They paid to get their package to them at a certain commit time. Not to get the package to their security gate by that commit time.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Say whatever you feel you need to say. I'm just trying to help you understand what they have instructed us all to do. I stay out of the gray as much as possible. They paid to get their package to them at a certain commit time. Not to get the package to their security gate by that commit time.
No, when you get to "their" security gate, you are at "their" business. It is not our fault it takes 10 minutes to get to Betty at the front desk.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No, when you get to "their" security gate, you are at "their" business. It is not our fault it takes 10 minutes to get to Betty at the front desk.
They may have instructed you to do it that way, but not every place is the same. If you are instructed to be there before 10:15 so you can get to Betty by 10:30, you need to work as instructed. It is not like that every where. It is not UPS' s fault that the customer has a security gate. We will be at your gate before 10:30. If you need your package that badly, meet our driver at the gate. We are at your location before 10:30 with your NDA.

BrownTexas

They may have instructed you to do it that way, but not every place is the same. If you are instructed to be there before 10:15 so you can get to Betty by 10:30, you need to work as instructed. It is not like that every where. It is not UPS' s fault that the customer has a security gate. We will be at your gate before 10:30. If you need your package that badly, meet our driver at the gate. We are at your location before 10:30 with your NDA.
I was instructed to do that by a national diad training. Maybe you missed it.

oldngray

nowhere special

The only problem there is if the shipper tracks the package the NDA will show as late with no mention of issues with the consignee, so the shipper might start demanding refunds.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The only problem there is if the shipper tracks the package the NDA will show as late with no mention of issues with the consignee, so the shipper might start demanding refunds.
The NDA is scanned at the gate while the driver waits to be cleared to take it to the front desk. Scanned before 10:30. Signed for at 10:40. Not late.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I was instructed to do that by a national diad training. Maybe you missed it.
The national DIAD traing does not tell you to be at the security gate in time to clear it, and then make the delivery. No one knows how long it might take to clear "their" security gate. Could be 2 minutes, could be 20 minutes. Not our problem.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is not fine. Anytime you scan a NDA and then move the package car it will show up as a RDR unless you put the stop in prerecord, which cancels the time stamp and could result in the NDA being late.
Nah, it has to be a certain distance per our training. They said if you drove a couple hundred feet to a loading dock or something it didn't fire an exception but if you drove a quarter mile it would. Don't know the exact cutoff.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Nah, it has to be a certain distance per our training. They said if you drove a couple hundred feet to a loading dock or something it didn't fire an exception but if you drove a quarter mile it would. Don't know the exact cutoff.
Exactly. At most businesses that have security gates, you can see the dock from the gate. But you are in line at 10:20 behind 4 trucks trying to clear. You finally get in at 10:40. Should we pay for the late air? Not if it was scanned while waiting in line.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I was taken out of service for first time in my career and have been with the company for over 20 years. It is an obvious retaliation for my duties as shop steward in the year 2013. I was taken out of service for (RDR) Record Drive Record. I have been out of service for 8 days now with no end in sight. I have also been treated differently than another driver that also committed the same infraction (RDR) 2 days earlier in which the driver a received a verbal warning. My record is clean as well as the other driver involved with same infraction. What can I do now? The union is involved of course, but I think I have a case of retaliation and discrimination for being taken out of service for the same thing another driver did and only received a verbal warning!!!! Especially when both of our records are clean. Any insight or help from anyone that has had to deal with this would be grateful. Ive never had to deal with anything like this in my career. Thanks in advance!!!

So have you taken the training via DIAD about RDR? Where you paying attention during all the PCM's? Was there something you didn't understand?

You committed an infraction UPS seems to think you are dirty.

You think its retaliation when you get taken out of service...and you cannot remember if you were on the property when you sheeted it??

Sounds legit to me, you may not get terminated but you definitely learned a lesson.

So have you taken the training via DIAD about RDR? Where you paying attention during all the PCM's? Was there something you didn't understand?

You committed an infraction UPS seems to think you are dirty.

You think its retaliation when you get taken out of service...and you cannot remember if you were on the property when you sheeted it??

Sounds legit to me, you may not get terminated but you definitely learned a lesson.
Too bad we cant call out management,on all the dirty,dirty crap they pull.

Yeah, you know what I'm talkin about.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
You scan a next day air package. dont stop complete It, drive your vehicle,then stop complete it.

For decades,this was an accepted pratice,to avoid late airs.
Isn't that ironic we got crammed in a small board room this morning and the division manager was talking about that and that our center is the worst one in the building for NDA airs and air savers being late. His next pitch was the fact that some drivers record one and deliver it an hour later. He said always record whether its late or not but never say you forgot about it. His mission today was to make the center manager look embarrassed and to start to discipline those not doing their job.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Scan a package bar code away from where it is to be delivered to stop the clock. Drive to the delivery location and stop complete. Deliver a NDA package late and have it not show up late.
God if you have too many you know your limits. Don't deliver any ground before the air. Simple basic rules unless they gave you stuff all over the place and said we can't help you.

Isn't that ironic we got crammed in a small board room this morning and the division manager was talking about that and that our center is the worst one in the building for NDA airs and air savers being late. His next pitch was the fact that some drivers record one and deliver it an hour later. He said always record whether its late or not but never say you forgot about it. His mission today was to make the center manager look embarrassed and to start to discipline those not doing their job.
Not your problem. Do your job the correct way,best that you can.

Fedex is always eager to hire former UPS,supervisors.