Taking OUR boards back

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
i know i posted a reply in another thread about this, but i tink it is important enough to have it's own thread.

lately, customers hae been joining the BC to voice a complaint, ask for help, or ust tell us how horrible UPS is.

we all agree that the BC is not the forum for customers. i feel more strongly about that bc there are post here that non-ups'ers (past/present) shouldn'tm see. i.e.(union, the post about the dvr that used the name TERRIOST as a verified name) these are things we talk about among ourselves.

even this thread, it should be for "brown eyes" only.

what do you think?

I don`t mind customers coming here if they`re legitimately looking for other means of help that they can`t get from the call centers. If you check you`ll find some happy ones. If they`re just coming in here to attack you have already seen we do a pretty good job of sticking together. As far as them seeing certain forums maybe they will see it as a isolated case of stupidity rather than the collective thoughts of the whole group.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
I don`t mind customers coming here if they`re legitimately looking for other means of help that they can`t get from the call centers. If you check you`ll find some happy ones. If they`re just coming in here to attack you have already seen we do a pretty good job of sticking together. As far as them seeing certain forums maybe they will see it as a isolated case of stupidity rather than the collective thoughts of the whole group.

i too, don't mind helping customers either. but i ask them to bring it to me in a pm after the first post. that should then stop all additional post to the board.

but even with my desire to help the customer, i do think there needs to be a place for upsers to be with upsers.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Well technically youre not a upser, not retired so using your logic GET OUT?

and Drew- i knew as i was posting this thread, that it would be you who would point out that my position was outsourced and no longer work for the company. however, i am still part of the ups family. giving 18 years of my life (would still be there if not for outsourcing) makes me part of that family. i was one of the first to try and help that cust that sent her passport, but i took it to pm's. my heart is still with ups even though my income does not come from there.

P

pickup

Well, it would probably mean a lot of work for cheryl to change this website so that only a person who registered with a password(assuming they are for real) can view the posts. But I am sure there are quite a few who became members after finding this site ( after typing in ups ,etc) and after reading the posts , became contributing members. True? By restricting it in the ways suggested, a lot of future members would not get a taste of what a fine website (esp. with the archived info) this has become.

diesel96

[FONT=Courier New, Courier]From BC's private policy; Public Forums[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, Courier]"This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information."[/FONT]

This site is Cheryl's baby. Treat it like Cheryl's route and your her cover driver, and at the end of the day, don't ask her to fix her route to your liken. Wait till you earn your own route..:peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually find the input from those outside of Brown helpful as they may see things from a perspective that we do not. I agree that someone coming here simply to blame us for everything from diaper rash to global warming does little to add to the discussion but, for the most part, the input from non-UPSers is normally productive.

I enjoy coming here for the often spirited (and normally civil) discussion among the members who bring a wide range of backgrounds, ideals and beliefs in to the mix. Whether it is the hard core Union member or those who would just as soon see the Teamsters take a hike, whether it is the newly hired part time preloader or the 30+ yr driver, whether it is an hourly or a mgt person, male, female, black, white, single, married, divorced, kids/no kids, grandkids...I think you get the picture. I have learned quite a bit in my short time here and hope I may have helped others.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
I actually find the input from those outside of Brown helpful as they may see things from a perspective that we do not. I agree that someone coming here simply to blame us for everything from diaper rash to global warming does little to add to the discussion but, for the most part, the input from non-UPSers is normally productive.

I enjoy coming here for the often spirited (and normally civil) discussion among the members who bring a wide range of backgrounds, ideals and beliefs in to the mix. Whether it is the hard core Union member or those who would just as soon see the Teamsters take a hike, whether it is the newly hired part time preloader or the 30+ yr driver, whether it is an hourly or a mgt person, male, female, black, white, single, married, divorced, kids/no kids, grandkids...I think you get the picture. I have learned quite a bit in my short time here and hope I may have helped others.

excellent point, and well taken.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
This site is Cheryl's baby. Treat it like Cheryl's route and your her cover driver, and at the end of the day, don't ask her to fix her route to your liken. Wait till you earn your own route..:peaceful:

Diesel

Awsome post.

Downsized

What posts you are referring to were not posted by a ups customer, but a troll instead. One that has posted by several different names and identities. He even claimed to be a UPS driver, but had not clue as to if he were part time or full time.

So take the postings with a grain of salt. Some of the posters that have posted are just looking to see what kind of response they can get. And BS&BRAG and others are that type.

As for a legit customer, we have had several here that have tried the proper channels to get to the package that was lost. And it was not until they posted here that anything was done.

If i get the chance later on tonight, i will try to post a link here so you can see what I am talking about.

d

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mods what do ya say? :happy2:

We already have seventeen forums, and in my opinion, thats too many. The most active and at the top of the page is this one, UPS Discussions. If we created another Forum just for customers, most of them wouldn't use it and still post here.

Personally, I don't mind if customers join and post on here. Like noted before, often times they get the runaround on the phone. Quite a few of you take your personal time and try to help these folks. That says a lot about the quality of people this company attracts. I think a majority of these customers are legitamate too, I think its in poor taste for some people to jump the gun calling these people trolls or current members posting under a different name. A majority of time when somebody accuses these people of being somebody else, they are wrong. The administrator and mods know who is posting under different names, we aren't being fooled by anybody.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
[FONT=Courier New, Courier]From BC's private policy; Public Forums[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, Courier]"This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information."[/FONT]

Nuff said.

Let everyone see that we ordinary average people, who do an extraordinary type of job.