Taking OUR boards back

DS

Fenderbender
Mods what do ya say? :happy2:
You all have valid points but remember,the BC is not an official ups website and although it would be nice to offer a new forum called,lets say,Advice for customers,It could very well create hostility from corporate .We had an incident in the past where the administrator was asked, albiet politely,to remove a certain thread.
This is a public forum,and that means its open to anyone who follows the TOS.On the rare occasion that a customer wants advice,or has a complaint,I think we,as BC members, do a good job of explaining thier best options to fix thier problem.
I think having to work at ups to become a member would be impossible to validate,and would also eliminate the people that have the best advice,the retired ones.Not to mention the administrator.I'm with scratch on this.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
That says a lot about the quality of people this company attracts.

And might I add that it also says a lot about the quality of the people on Brown Cafe. I might tangle with some now and again, but let someone from the outside climb their case, look out!

I might have harsh words for you, but I still have your back.

d

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Diesel

Awsome post.

Downsized

What posts you are referring to were not posted by a ups customer, but a troll instead. One that has posted by several different names and identities. He even claimed to be a UPS driver, but had not clue as to if he were part time or full time.

So take the postings with a grain of salt. Some of the posters that have posted are just looking to see what kind of response they can get. And BS&BRAG and others are that type.

As for a legit customer, we have had several here that have tried the proper channels to get to the package that was lost. And it was not until they posted here that anything was done.

If i get the chance later on tonight, i will try to post a link here so you can see what I am talking about.

d

danny- thank you, i am seeing that i may have been quick to post this thread. but i am still new to the forum, and i guess in effort to protect my fellow brothers and sisters in brown, i jumped to soon.

so to Cheryl, i apologize. i in no way was trying to over ride your forum.

i too, have not had issued trying to help the "customers" and even took it into p/m's. i will learn more about BC as i go. again, sorry for jumping to soon.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Downsized

Hit the floor, do 20. After that, consume a tall cold adult beverage (glass of milk) and relax. As far as I know, all you did was point out some issues that are dear to your heart. No harm there.

I have done several searches and still can not find it. It was back during the fall or late summer of 05. Had a guy that was trying to find a lost instrument that we had lost. Thing tested the tiles on the space shuttle, and had to be on site within three or four days of his post. UPS had him stonewalled, could not find it. His company was in for some serious financial losses could it not be found and delivered.

Within three days, he had is package. All because of the gang here at BC.

Here is a photo of what he lost, of course it was in a box, and in a case as well. That might bring back the story for those of us that have been here a while.

So in a round about way, BC played a small but yet very important part of the space program being able to stay on schedule.:happy-very:

d
InstrumentJpeg.jpg

Last edited:

outamyway

I learned pretty early on after joining this forum there are many people here that are not UPSers. There are certainly a lot of people lurking that don't have accounts that are UPSers. I think just going about trying to sort out who is and who isn't able to join a certain "UPSers only" board would be pretty stupid.

Anyway, this place should be open to the public and anyone else. I would hope high up managers read some of these post, rants and ideas. Maybe they would change their mind or convince others to change the way somethings are done at UPS. I guess I'll wake up now.

satellitedriver

Mods what do ya say? :happy2:
Read Scratch's post, #19 in this thread.
He sums it up well.
All responsible posters on this board are Mod's.
The named Mod's are just ordinary UPS folk that volunteer to oversee that the TOS is not broken.
It is physically impossible to read every thread on every forum.
If someone breaks the rules, let the "Mod Squad" know and the problem will be addressed.
If we broke up each and every specific into it's own forum,
ie:
Customers that are unhappy
Drivers PO'd
Customers that are happy
Driver's that are happy
Part-timers PO'd
Part-timers happy
ect... ect... ect...,

this site would be very hard to manage.

Just read, respond or ignore, and always be respectful.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Read Scratch's post, #19 in this thread.
He sums it up well.
All responsible posters on this board are Mod's.
The named Mod's are just ordinary UPS folk that volunteer to oversee that the TOS is not broken.
It is physically impossible to read every thread on every forum.
If someone breaks the rules, let the "Mod Squad" know and the problem will be addressed.
If we broke up each and every specific into it's own forum,
ie:
Customers that are unhappy
Drivers PO'd
Customers that are happy
Driver's that are happy
Part-timers PO'd
Part-timers happy
ect... ect... ect...,

this site would be very hard to manage.

Just read, respond or ignore, and always be respectful.

I read it :happy2: Was just a suggestion It's all good :happy-very:

sano

Another site that i am a member of has a private forum. When an unregistered guest or a newly registered user views the board they will see all but the private forum. Then after 15 post the other private thread magically appears.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did someone take our DIADs?

Every time I see this thread, I think it's referring to DIADs. LOL

Do we still call them boards (left over from clipboard days)?

evilleace

I think that customers should get to see what we go through on a day to day basis so that they can see the truth rather than see UPS as a cake job. But I dont think they should stick their nose where it doesn't belong like union or wage discussions, and also they should voice complaints but not bash the people on this forum or get mad on here because it is not out fault that they lost there package.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does anybody know of a USPS board I can complain on? I ordered a Christmas gift for my wife and paid extra for Priority Mail delivery. Her Time/Life Music CDs made it here the day after Christmas, so our holiday was totally ruined. I blame both the Post Office and Fedex, since Fedex flies most of their Priority Mail.:dissapointed:

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
Does anybody know of a USPS board I can complain on? I ordered a Christmas gift for my wife and paid extra for Priority Mail delivery. Her Time/Life Music CDs made it here the day after Christmas, so our holiday was totally ruined. I blame both the Post Office and Fedex, since Fedex flies most of their Priority Mail.:dissapointed:

well here's one that goes in the ups win colum. i had to call a company i had ordered from b/c the sent the wrong item. this was yesterday. they were going to send the correct item today and send it 2DA. they are in California, and i am in Florida. well, today my pkg was delivered. so, in this instance, the pkg was delivered before it was ecen sent.:happy-very:

i am going to have to look at the scans to see the info, but i only called them yesterday. go UPS. :happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Bottom line of this discussion is what should be allowed on the board.

Cheryl is a very sharp business woman. This is her baby. She can do with it as she pleases. We are all guests. Some with access to the wine cellar, but all guests still the same.

But some people dont understand how to be a good guest.

So they come in all loud and smelly. Crap on the carpet, throw the beer cans on the floor. And then they wonder why the reception.

My personal thoughts are as long as the "ups customer" is trying to get to the bottom of something, they should be welcomed to post.

But to just vent like a spoiled brat, like the two that birthed this thread, that should be ignored or deleted. OR responded to in kind.

d

satellitedriver

Did someone take our DIADs?

Every time I see this thread, I think it's referring to DIADs. LOL

Do we still call them boards (left over from clipboard days)?
Yep,
we still call them boards.
Funny, I never thought of them any other way.
DIAD just doesn't roll off the tongue.
Please, sign the board here ( in the upside down position.),
people understand.
Kinda
Say, rub your name with this stub of plastic on my DIAD and either you will get into a fight, have a complaint filed or get a big smile.
Ain't it great the way threads can morph.

UPSNewbie

Bottom line of this discussion is what should be allowed on the board.

Cheryl is a very sharp business woman. This is her baby. She can do with it as she pleases. We are all guests. Some with access to the wine cellar, but all guests still the same.

But some people dont understand how to be a good guest.

So they come in all loud and smelly. Crap on the carpet, throw the beer cans on the floor. And then they wonder why the reception.

My personal thoughts are as long as the "ups customer" is trying to get to the bottom of something, they should be welcomed to post.

But to just vent like a spoiled brat, like the two that birthed this thread, that should be ignored or deleted. OR responded to in kind.

d

Agreed. Didn't mind the gal with the passport problems. The "USUCKers" don't need to be here.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I think that customers should get to see what we go through on a day to day basis so that they can see the truth rather than see UPS as a cake job. But I dont think they should stick their nose where it doesn't belong like union or wage discussions, and also they should voice complaints but not bash the people on this forum or get mad on here because it is not out fault that they lost there package.

QFT

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I heard they confiscated your Fleshlight down at the Post Office Scratch! Too bad...that was a good Christmas present.