Target is the new Amazon

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our MD was in a couple months ago and someone asked about Amazon now that they have a couple planes a day at our ramp and what happens if they decide to not to use FDX. They mentioned that Amazon is only 3% of our business and it they go away we already have other shippers that are competitors of Amazon waiting to step in and take their place. Namely Target and Walmart. FDX is not putting all their eggs in the Amazon basket and hoping they keep us around. There are plans in place to fill their void when they leave. We pick up one 53' trailer a day from Amazon for our MEMH flight. They probably have 50 Swift trucks running back and forth between the airport and their warehouse supporting their own aircraft.

Your MD was correct. Making too big of a commitment to Amazon would put FedEx at a disadvantage.

Señora

My route seems slammed with Target all week with an extra 40-50 stops while Amazon and Walmart no more than 10 stops together. Anyone else seeing this?

Spoke to the station Supervisor a few weeks ago about this same thing and he told me that Fedex has won a major contract from Target to ship their packages