Target is the new Amazon

Whats in the Box

My route seems slammed with Target all week with an extra 40-50 stops while Amazon and Walmart no more than 10 stops together. Anyone else seeing this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Target is an anchor at our local mall and our driver is getting slammed with their pickup pieces.

On the delivery side Amazon is still far and away the pkg count leader on my route.

!Retired!

Just because they're Target boxes doesn't mean they're ordering from Target. I ordered from Amazon once and it came in a Walmart box.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's good to see other companies besides Amazon. Unfortunately, Target is like Amazon and poorly packs and tapes their boxes.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
We have a 48 footer dropped at our local target this past weekend and this coming weekend shipping stuff out. Blown out both days. This in a building with 37-39 routes on average

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I wonder which carrier Target ships the most with, FedEx or UPS? In my building all the Targets used to ship via UPS. Now there is one Target that switched to FedEx out of the 4 stores we service. From reading this thread it seems FedEx dominates the Target pickup in other regions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder which carrier Target ships the most with, FedEx or UPS? In my building all the Targets used to ship via UPS. Now there is one Target that switched to FedEx out of the 4 stores we service. From reading this thread it seems FedEx dominates the Target pickup in other regions.

We recently converted our local Target to a UPS pickup account and as a result our mall driver is getting slammed.

McFeely

Huge Member

On my route, I was lucky to see a single Target box in a month's time. Over the last few weeks, that has grown to roughly 20+ a day.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
We recently converted our local Target to a UPS pickup account and as a result our mall driver is getting slammed.

The Friday pickup for the 3 Target stores we service were MASSIVE! Each store needed it's own P8 to contain it. Whereas usually it's just a good 60 or so packages.

FedUpRTD

FedEx and Target are working on a new shipping contract. Target is seeing how well FedEx will handle their shipping volume during peak. If things go well, then FedEx will see more of Target’s business. In my area, we have been dropping 9 trailers a day at various stores for the past month.

Artee

Our MD was in a couple months ago and someone asked about Amazon now that they have a couple planes a day at our ramp and what happens if they decide to not to use FDX. They mentioned that Amazon is only 3% of our business and it they go away we already have other shippers that are competitors of Amazon waiting to step in and take their place. Namely Target and Walmart. FDX is not putting all their eggs in the Amazon basket and hoping they keep us around. There are plans in place to fill their void when they leave. We pick up one 53' trailer a day from Amazon for our MEMH flight. They probably have 50 Swift trucks running back and forth between the airport and their warehouse supporting their own aircraft.