Target to offer free shipping

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have to admit that at least this past year, those 50 days sure seemed to stretch out to 200. If that is the way it's going then getting an early start on that growth would seem prudent. The old saying applies in this case, "spend a little to make a lot"
Yes and I think just depends on the center. My center can hardly handle daily volume and in another 5 years likely won't have room for all of the trucks. I have heard ups is looking for ground and planning a new center but it'll take 3-5 years to accomplish once they decide for sure to do it.

However I know Of other centers that even at 30+ years old are in no need of growth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center manager has told me that our entire peak will be much easier with tighter areas, less miles, and less stops. He has never said when it will turn into the fustercluck that it will invariably turn into, my guess it will be the Monday after Thanksgiving when IE decides we don't need 7 routes as our volume is "down" due to all the work we will do on Black Friday. God, I can't wait...
That was the dumbest quote ever last year by Scott Davis. Saying more packages would make our system more efficient.

jaker

trolling
They just rebuilt our hub for more cars and as soon as the new group came in its already maxed out

So all the money they spent to built it to handle more cars is already a waste because now the hub can't handle anymore

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes and I think just depends on the center. My center can hardly handle daily volume and in another 5 years likely won't have room for all of the trucks. I have heard ups is looking for ground and planning a new center but it'll take 3-5 years to accomplish once they decide for sure to do it.

However I know Of other centers that even at 30+ years old are in no need of growth.
New buildings are bad because that means automated sort aisles which means fewer jobs.