Taxed per mile driven

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It doesn't have to float. It can be made to float. I can't believe I had to explain that.

The cybertruck body is rust proof. That was the question.
The problem is not that.
Since water always goes where you least expect it, how does one make a seawater proof truck ?
Water will find a way into the power cords or battery area and could cause a reaction.

There was a Honda vehicle which marketing claimed that you could put wet objects in its rear compartment.
But that was where the vehicle's computer was.
Causing all sorts of problems.
Those ads had to be pulled from the air.

wilberforce15

The problem is not that.
Since water always goes where you least expect it, how does one make a seawater proof truck ?
Water will find a way into the power cords or battery area and could can an explosive reaction.

There was a Honda vehicle which marketing claimed that you could put wet objects in its rear compartment.
But that was where the vehicle's computer was.
Causing all sorts of problems.
Those ads had to be pulled from the air.
You asked about dripping seawater effect on the body. That was solved. Now you're nitpicking about making a proper boat out of it.

Shift goalposts much?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We are nowhere near the capacity needed to charge hundreds of millions of electric cars. If they're serious about this they'll need to build a lot of nuclear plants.
Now you triggered the no-nukes clowns.

Counselor needed STAT!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A lot. It turns out that if we can seal out the vaccum of space, sealing a battery is very easy.
My concern was for a water proof truck.
Boat launchings require going in to at least covering the exhaust muffler.
That exposes your rear axle, rear brakes and bed of the truck to be in contact with the seawater.
Also I carry dripping wet objects in the bed of the truck to market.
So the total bed is covered in seawater on the inside, too.

( trucks don't last many years in my neighborhood )
By the way, in order for the manufactures to make money and conform to CAFE regulations. { Corporate Average Fuel Economy }
They will use the cheapest way.

wilberforce15

My concern was for a water proof truck.
Boat launchings require going in to at least covering the exhaust muffler.
That exposes your rear axle, rear brakes and bed of the truck to be in contact with the seawater.
Also I carry dripping wet objects in the bed of the truck to market.
So the total bed is covered in seawater on the inside, too.

( trucks don't last many years in my neighborhood )
The cybertruck will be better in all those respects than anything else in your neighborhood, including in towing and payload.

oldngray

nowhere special
LOL ...12 HOURS CHARGE TO DRIVE 50 MILES!!!

A lot of people aren't homeowners who can conveniently charge their cars overnight. If they have to drive someplace and wait for charging it defeats most of their arguments. And how quick does fast charging wear out the batteries?

wilberforce15

On a long drive? How long is that charge up?
I see. This is where you get to pretend to be he-man who never stops and has no bladder.

It charges 20 to 40 minutes every 4 to 5 hours. That's about the norm for most travelers stopping and resting time anyway. A full day's drive might be 1 to 1.5 hours slower than if a robot drove a gas car with no rest.

But this weekend I went 250 miles away for a weekender. I never stopped to charge. I drove 250. Charged at the destination while sleeping, and drove 250 back.

Even a 500 mile weekend trip beats your silly gas car.

I also spent 0 minutes commuting to a mechanic last year. 0 minutes waiting at one. 15 bucks on maintenance for the year (wiper blades).

So basically I took an EV to VT, TX, MI, and NC. And I still spent less time messing with my car than you did.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I see. This is where you get to pretend to be he-man who never stops and has no bladder.

It charges 20 to 40 minutes every 4 to 5 hours. That's about the norm for most travelers stopping and resting time anyway. A full day's drive might be 1 to 1.5 hours slower than if a robot drove a gas car with no rest.

But this weekend I went 250 miles away for a weekender. I never stopped to charge. I drove 250. Charged at the destination while sleeping, and drove 250 back.

Even a 500 mile weekend trip beats your silly gas car.

I also spent 0 minutes commuting to a mechanic last year. 0 minutes waiting at one. 15 bucks on maintenance for the year (wiper blades).

So basically I took an EV to VT, TX, MI, and NC. And I still spent less time messing with my car than you did.
What car is that?