Taxed per mile driven

wilberforce15

A lot of people aren't homeowners who can conveniently charge their cars overnight. If they have to drive someplace and wait for charging it defeats most of their arguments. And how quick does fast charging wear out the batteries?
A modern battery with only using fast charging will outlast your, or your kids, desire to keep the car.

wilberforce15

A few million miles with retention of almost all battery life, even on fast charging.

The world has changed. Everyone thinking batteries need to be replaced is operating on 10 year old information.

wilberforce15

Lol. Massive space for the whole family.
the Model Y has the same volume of cargo space as the Rav-4 and the other mid or small SUV's.

The Model 3 has the same as all the other sedans, or more.

The Model Y has seating for 5 or 7.

And I have a 500 mile range full size truck ordered.

More ignorance.

wilberforce15

But it's even better. Here is a Model Y vs. a Rav4. You get the same cargo space but with more interior room, because you have a front trunk instead of an engine compartment.

Let's keep going and dispel all the myths in one thread.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 74
  • tesla-model-y-measured.jpg
    tesla-model-y-measured.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 77

wilberforce15

Tesla's biggest problem is Elon. That and all the quality issues.
Elon is the only reason it's where it is.

Customers don't care about the quality issues.

Abusrdly fast, easy to drive, convenient electric vehicles that are best in class don't need doors that are flush with one another.

Tesla will sell anything and everything it ever makes. And it doubles production every year. 500k vehicles last year. 1 million vehicles this year. 2 million the next.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now Massachusetts is floating the idea of adding a sale tax to all gasoline purchases.
Basically they are taxing a tax.
They tried this some years ago on alcohol and a state rep was filmed crossing the border stocking up on non taxed NH refreshments.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So what am I supposed to do if I don't own a house or have a garage? And what if my streetside parking is actually on the other side of the street from my residence?

wilberforce15

So what am I supposed to do if I don't own a house or have a garage? And what if my streetside parking is actually on the other side of the street from my residence?
Then those people eithe A) don't drive an electric car. or B) They charge once per week, because that's all most people need when range is 250 to 300 miles.

Are you mad that the world hasn't completely solved the problem for every potential user yet?

Silly objection.