taxes are a buddy*

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Nah shes an oldy but a goody. I do need to figure out cleaning her headlights.
Pro tip:

If you spray the rear of the headlight cover with WD-40 and vinegar mix...

Turn your accessory mode on but not the ignition...

Let it saturate overnight with your interior lights on...

It will clean the outside of the glass.

Assisting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pro tip:

Assisting.
Sounds like an old wives tale

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Pro tip:

Assisting.
Why you old softie!

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
sweet thanks!
Do not follow those instructions

mark-wahlberg-stop-it.gif

JL 0513

Withholding. Withholding is not the same thing as your effective rate. You never lose money by working more.

Yes, you're right they do withhold more with OT hours and end up getting it back when you file.

However, "you never lose money by working more " only applies until you hit the next tax bracket. Even then, the rate only changes for everything above the previous bracket. Some people believe the rate on the entire income changes each time you enter a new bracket. If that were true, you definitely wouldn't work more.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, you're right they do withhold more with OT hours and end up getting it back when you file.

However, "you never lose money by working more " only applies until you hit the next tax bracket. Even then, the rate only changes for everything above the previous bracket. Some people believe the rate on the entire income changes each time you enter a new bracket. If that were true, you definitely wouldn't work more.
Spot on, but only thing I'll add is that the covid stimulus, child tax credits, and childcare credits throw a wrench into the typical calculations.

I switched our 401k contributions from Roth to traditional to get our adjusted gross income under the limits for all that crap and it reduces tax liability by tens of thousands.

Overtime could definitely cause you to miss out on some of that if you would have qualified.