Taxes

bacha29

That's not a public service to be missed immediately. And the Republicans aren't threatening to undo all of that and make our environment dirty. That's silly. Seriously, you keep saying we'll gladly take the programs that benefit us but want to do away with all the others. Which ones? What program am I not participating in that I will want to see taken away from others?
Apparently you haven't been watching the the Trump EPA has been doing lately.

vantexan

Why haven't you checked out what the Trump controlled EPA has been doing to environmental regulations ?
That wasn't the question. You keep telling us how we're going to take advantage of all the programs that benefit us while trying to stop all the ones that don't. So what are these programs that we're against and trying to stop?

bacha29

That wasn't the question. You keep telling us how we're going to take advantage of all the programs that benefit us while trying to stop all the ones that don't. So what are these programs that we're against and trying to stop?
The ones that you constantly chided condemned and discredited as being in your opinion as an unjust, nonbeneficial and wasteful but not the ones for which you gave your ringing endorsement which happen to likely be ones that will sustain you in the future. As I said before, You're a selective pseudo conservative. Conservatism is a creed a set of ideals for which either you're all in or you're not. You can't just cherry pick a la carte and exempt what domestic policy initiatives that could be a casualty of hard line conservatism going forward.

newfie

The ones that you constantly chided condemned and discredited as being in your opinion as an unjust, nonbeneficial and wasteful but not the ones for which you gave your ringing endorsement which happen to likely be ones that will sustain you in the future. As I said before, You're a selective pseudo conservative. Conservatism is a creed a set of ideals for which either you're all in or you're not. You can't just cherry pick a la carte and exempt what domestic policy initiatives that could be a casualty of hard line conservatism going forward.

We are all selective in our beliefs

vantexan

You can attack personally all you want, but you can't point to government programs that I don't benefit from that I want ended. Just smearing rather than discussing.

bacha29

You want the ACA to end, but perhaps you are now benefiting from the Medicaid expansion being poor and unemployed.
Eventually the hypocrisy is exposed. Did you see that a federal judge in Texas ( where else) has declared the ACA unconstitutional ? What's funny is the last time I looked 23% of the population of Texas was on Medicaid under the old Medicaid rules not the expanded version. Under the old set of rules a person has to have less than $2400 of personal assets to qualify. Perhaps there are powers in Texas government who's opposition to the expanded version might be based on fear and embarrassment at the percentage of the state's population that would qualify under the expanded rules? You know what they say....There are two types of people living in Texas. Wealthy Texas oilmen......and their gardeners.

vantexan

Eventually the hypocrisy is exposed. Did you see that a federal judge in Texas ( where else) has declared the ACA unconstitutional ? What's funny is the last time I looked 23% of the population of Texas was on Medicaid under the old Medicaid rules not the expanded version. Under the old set of rules a person has to have less than $2400 of personal assets to qualify. Perhaps there are powers in Texas government who's opposition to the expanded version might be based on fear and embarrassment at the percentage of the state's population that would qualify under the expanded rules? You know what they say....There are two types of people living in Texas. Wealthy Texas oilmen......and their gardeners.
Where do they say that? 10 years in Texas and never heard it once. And Texas has about how many people now, 27 million? More than 6 million people on Medicaid? Will have to look that up.

vantexan

Where do they say that? 10 years in Texas and never heard it once. And Texas has about how many people now, 27 million? More than 6 million people on Medicaid? Will have to look that up.
OK, looked it up. Texas has 4.3 million recipients. You failed to mention that California has just shy of 12 million. And New York, which has a substantially smaller population than Texas, has 6.5 million! You like to smear the conservative state but ignore the higher percentage of recipients in the big liberal states. This is typical distortion because you can't defend policy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
OK, looked it up. Texas has 4.3 million recipients. You failed to mention that California has just shy of 12 million. And New York, which has a substantially smaller population than Texas, has 6.5 million! You like to smear the conservative state but ignore the higher percentage of recipients in the big liberal states. This is typical distortion because you can't defend policy.
LibTurds don't like facts much.

newfie

Unconstitutional is unconstitutional. Tell Congress to do their job and fix some bad legislation

newfie

Texas working people also benefit from a very favorable tax climate.