Taxes

newfie

I stand in defense of a government that all things considered has served it's citizens well. If Newf thinks he can do better than the next time the Comptroller General position comes open he should apply for it. Yes, I get angry at people who game the system and the resources needed to root out those individuals need to be made available but overall I'm inclined to believe that they represent a small percentage compared to the overall population.
You should hang out with Ricky he's says things that will sound good in your safe room.

newfie

But when the full impact of a dramatic reduction in public services is felt you'll no doubt be among the libertarians and consevnuts hollering the loudest.

Let's do it and see what happens.. the question is can you survive working and not collecting your welfare check?

vantexan

The air you breathe for one. If not for the creation of the EPA and the Clean Air Act you would be choking on it right now.
That's not a public service to be missed immediately. And the Republicans aren't threatening to undo all of that and make our environment dirty. That's silly. Seriously, you keep saying we'll gladly take the programs that benefit us but want to do away with all the others. Which ones? What program am I not participating in that I will want to see taken away from others?